Advice on weaning baby at 6 months

familygirl30

Reaction score
Will b weaning my boy next month when he's 6 months,hv said not to blend food but leave it bit lumpy,I will b blending at first for him to get used to it, my son was born 6 weeks early so his doctor said might not b even ready to b weaned until 7 and half months,I think he b ready but this is y want to blend first,what did u ladies do when u weaned baby at 6 months?

Your doctor is wrong, I promise, premature babies are generally weaned at an even earlier age with purées depending on motor skills and actual age

Please read this, it will explain why. It's from the Bliss baby charity
https://www.bliss.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Weaning.pdf

Motor skills may be an issue but you can be the judge of that.

You could also try baby led weaning, where you can give your baby solid foods like toast to gum on. It sounds scary but it's the best thing I did!

Thank u so much for this great info! Very interesting,my hv even said yest that she thinks the doctor been too cautious!

I blended completely. We traditional weaned. Nothing against blw but it wasn't for us. He's 20 mths now and eats lumps and feeds himself. I did Introduce toast early on though about a mth into weaning. My thinking is they've had nothing but formula in their mouths for six mths so it would be weird for them.

I blended completely. We traditional weaned. Nothing against blw but it wasn't for us. He's 20 mths now and eats lumps and feeds himself. I did Introduce toast early on though about a mth into weaning. My thinking is they've had nothing but formula in their mouths for six mths so it would be weird for them.

That was my thought too about only used to milk in their mouth,I b blending first too

That Is not the current thinking but that's what I was happiest doing then you can slowly introduce lumps. Like I say I tried him with toast early on
Ish not that he ate much but it was getting him used to chewing. Bananas as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->