Advice please - back to Hospital.

Update is - they rang me yesterday and would not discuss what is going on but want me in this week. I have an appt for friday afternoon, so suppose its wait and see.
Thanks again for support ladies.x

I'm sure it will be ok. So sorry you have to wait but keep busy and the time will fly by.
My fingers and toes and legs and arms are crossed for you!!

Big :hugs:

Good luck for Friday. Let us know how you get on :hugs:

The waiting and non-communication sucks! BUT, I am glad that they are taking your case seriously enough to make a follow-up appointment with you. Some places can be a bit sloppy when it comes to following cases up.

One reason they may not want to tell you over the phone is that they have determined the cause of your baby's death (e.g. a genetic abnormality) and would prefer to talk to you in person as it is such a sensitive subject and should not really be handled over the phone.

I hope all goes as well as it possibly can in these circumstances. Big :hug:

just wanted to say best of luck for tomorrow hun and let us know how u get on!! we're all here for u xxxxx

Good luck for tomorrow

I'll be thinking of you xx

Well today was the day of my appt at the epu. Ive been told I had a partial hydatidiform mole pregnancy. This is shocking and horrible news. I honestly dont know what to think at the moment.

Basically it is where 2 sperm meet the egg at exactly the same millisecond, Ive seen the great sperm race and know that this is rare! So with 2 sperm and 1 egg there is too much dna, so baby can never survive. Everything carries on growing but quicker so symptoms are worse. This would probably explain why I was in maternity wear so early. The baby doesnt grow properly though which is why she died at 9 weeks.

Ive had my bloods taken today and been told that Ill be followed up by Charing Cross Hospital. They have to check my hcg levels are dropping so this will now be checked regulary. Any sign of levels going up mean that cells left from pregnancy have changed and turned into a form of cancer. This means chemo

At the moment Im not allowed to get pregnant for at least 6 months (5 months left now), if levels fall slowly it will be a year, if I need chemo itll be a year after treatment.

Im so numb, all my plans and hopes have gone out of the window by what can only be described as a very rare and unlucky occurence.

I will carry on with my story but am going to steer clear of some forums that Ive been on regulary - I wish you ladies all the very best with your March and April BFPs and hope to be back with one myself in the summer.

Goodness me Cornish, what an unlikely and unfortunate turn of events. I will keep my fingers crossed from this point forward you will have good news xx

I'm so sorry, Cornish. My best friend had this happen. She was terrified and waited the 6 months. The positive news is that she went on to have a baby right after she started TTC again. She actually has 2 now. I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

Well today was the day of my appt at the epu. Ive been told I had a partial hydatidiform mole pregnancy. This is shocking and horrible news. I honestly dont know what to think at the moment.

Basically it is where 2 sperm meet the egg at exactly the same millisecond, Ive seen the great sperm race and know that this is rare! So with 2 sperm and 1 egg there is too much dna, so baby can never survive. Everything carries on growing but quicker so symptoms are worse. This would probably explain why I was in maternity wear so early. The baby doesnt grow properly though which is why she died at 9 weeks.

Ive had my bloods taken today and been told that Ill be followed up by Charing Cross Hospital. They have to check my hcg levels are dropping so this will now be checked regulary. Any sign of levels going up mean that cells left from pregnancy have changed and turned into a form of cancer. This means chemo

At the moment Im not allowed to get pregnant for at least 6 months (5 months left now), if levels fall slowly it will be a year, if I need chemo itll be a year after treatment.

Im so numb, all my plans and hopes have gone out of the window by what can only be described as a very rare and unlucky occurence.

I will carry on with my story but am going to steer clear of some forums that Ive been on regulary - I wish you ladies all the very best with your March and April BFPs and hope to be back with one myself in the summer.

I wish I could reach out and give you a reallllly big hug :hugs: I'm sooooo sorry you're dealing with this ~ I know the miscarriage itself is enough devastation. I'll be praying for you that everything just drops like it's supposed to and that the only thing that has to be done is to wait a few months. I'm so sorry hun :nope: I can understand stepping away from certain forums.. please try and stay in touch if you can and if ever need to chat, you can always email me~ [email protected] Wish there was more I could say.... lots of love for you!

Wishing you all the best for the next 6 months and beyond xxxxx

so sorry this has happened to you hun! hopefully now things will turn out ok for you and in 5 short months you can start ttc again and we'll all meet again on another forum with great news.look after yourself hun and you know where we are if u ever need anything xxxx

My heart goes out to you Cornish and I will keep my fingers crossed that your levels keep dropping and you dont need to have chemo. I also have a friend who had the same thing and she was floored initially. However she didn't need chemo and got pregnant quickly after the 6 month wait. I hope and pray that is how it goes for you.

Take good care of yourself through this awful journey and I hope there will be brighter times come the summer. Look forward to welcoming you back whenever you are ready or need some support xx

Oh cornish, I'm so sorry to hear this :( I had a niggly thought it might be a mole but didn't want to worry you unnecessarily. Sigh.
I do understand how you feel as my doctors were pretty sure I had a complete mole when they discovered my first miscarriage. I was terrified as I am sure you are, too. I found that the charing cross website was the most informative on the net. I also gave them a call and had a chat with a lovely lady who explained all the procedures to me.
Ultimately, it turned out that I didn't have a mole, but I had other complications that stopped me from ttc-ing for a few months, too. It sucked, but it was bearable.
Just recently I found out that my colleague had a partial mole pregnancy between having her two children. She looks back on it all with heartache but said her wait wasn't a full six months. From seeing online, if your numbers drop fast enough they don't always insist on six months so I am keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you that you shed those hormones with speed. Have they told you what your baseline hcg is?

In the meantime, take the time to grieve. Whether your baby had a genetic abnormality or not, she was still your baby and with her you also lost your dream.
If you turn to Dr Google you will see that the vast majority of women who had molar pregnancies do go on to have healthy babies after.
Thinking of you xxx

Cornish I am so so sorry :hugs:

I totally understand your need to duck away for a while, this must be absolutely devasting for you, especially affter your MC.

Take care of yourself, be kind to yourself and can't wait to see you back on the TTC wagon and getting your BFP :flower:

A XxX

Cornish I am really sorry, I really thought it would not be anything. I can't say much about it as I am not familiar but it totally sucks, I have no idea what you are going through. we all find it hard enough to go through the mc never mind having to wait longer to try again aswell as the fact you are probably worrying about the other stuff that " may " happen too. I know I know nothing but from a little googling the majority of people just have to wait a while to ttc again. I hope the worst thing that happens is you have to wait the 5 months, You deserve a healthy pregnancy after this and you wil get one xxxx

Hi all, thought I'd give a brief and more joyful update! Hcg levels are now at 18, yes a small 18!!!! It's been a horrible month waiting for results but they are coming down. I now have a very heavy af, been told it's my first 'proper' one due to hormone drop. Now hoping to talk doctors into only having a 3-6 month wait, so hoping to start ttc again in the coming months.
Thank you for all of the support, I couldn't have got through it all so positively without you all.xxx

:yipee: Well done on the fast drop! You should poas. Totally satisfying to get that bfn after a long wait, I tell ya! In a weird and twisted way.
I hope the last little bit clears with your af and that you get the all clear soon. You're a very strong lady getting through this :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->