Advice please is Vitex messing up my cycle?

Lunalotus

Reaction score
Hi

I started charting last cycle. Overall my cycles are long and I have symptoms of PCOS. My doctor started me on Metformin a couple months ago to try and help with those symptoms. Last cycle when I charted I had a pretty clear rise after cd 20 but my luteal phase only seemed to be 10 days. So, I started taking B6 and Vitex to help lengthen my luteal phase.

This cycle, I had sensations in my uterus right from the start- slight cramping. I got at least one, maybe two clear positive opk's on CD 13/14 (earlier than usual for me). My breasts started getting sore around those days too. This for me is usually a sure sign I ovulated. But my temp is not rising and overall it seems more up and down than usual for me. Is the Vitex messing me up? Or do you think I might get a slow rise now (maybe ovulated on cd 16?) ? Does this look okay or annovulatory?
I have attached my chart.
All help is very appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1
I'm experiencing the same thing now. I know this is an older post, curious what ended up happening for you! I started Vitex a week ago. Had a +opk right on schedule 2 days ago and no temp rise yet. Last 2 cycles temp rise came the day after +opk. I'm afraid I messed up my chances this cycle with Vitex!

have you stopped taking it at time of o? thought you were supposed to? i took red clover blossom, which is a fertility booster, and what happened to me is a few days before i would get a more or less positive opk, and i would probably say they were positive, but no rise, i carried on doing opks and got a 2nd positive and then my temp spiked, so keep bding and opking, i think because it is changing your hormones (at least with what i was taking) it can give multiple pos opks. i would suggest that if you dont get a temp rise at all this cycle to go to your docs

have you stopped taking it at time of o? thought you were supposed to? i took red clover blossom, which is a fertility booster, and what happened to me is a few days before i would get a more or less positive opk, and i would probably say they were positive, but no rise, i carried on doing opks and got a 2nd positive and then my temp spiked, so keep bding and opking, i think because it is changing your hormones (at least with what i was taking) it can give multiple pos opks. i would suggest that if you dont get a temp rise at all this cycle to go to your docs

I'm taking a supplement that includes Vitex - Fertility Blend from Daily Wellness, the instructions don't say anything about stopping at any point in the cycle, so I have continued to take it. Even before this, I would have about 3-4 days of what the package says is positive OPK with equal lines, but would always get one that was definitely darker the day before a temp rise. Yesterday neg OPK, but today again back to equal and pretty sure some EWCM this morning as well...so maybe still pushing through to O, I'll hope!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->