Advice please ladies!

amym

Solomon's mummy
Reaction score
I am very excited as have just been given (through freecycle) a load of reusable nappies! Although they seem clean I will of course hot wash them before they touch bean's bum...plenty of time for that!

I have been given:
23 Imse Vimse one size flannelette nappies
3 small size waterproof pants
2 medium size waterproof pants
9 washable inserts

and 2 small swim nappies!

What else do I need to supplement these? They say the nappies go from newborn to potty age, and you just use different size pants over the top - is this weird?

I was thinking of getting some flushable inserts and more plastic pants....what do you guys reckon?

And how cool is freecycle??? :thumbup:

other than buying a bucket i would see how you get on with those when your baby is born before investing further.

i would also check to see if your local council offers any incentives.

The waterproof pants are normally rubbish in my opinion! So i would suggest getting some wraps for them, fleece liners are good too as it keeps babies bum dry :D

cool, wraps and fleece liners.... can I mix and match brands or shoudl I stick with the imse vimse kind? does it matter at all?

and when you say wraps....erm, what are they? sorry!

You can mix and match hun :D and just google nappy wraps ... you can get poppered or velcro ones :) They are just the waterproof bit for outside nappy :D

^ fleece liners and pretty wraps! waterproof pants are horrible LOL x

wraps are the modern equivalent of plastic pants but they tend to be open and fasten with poppers or velcro instead of pull on.

theres a thread linked in my sig that should help you get upto date with the lingo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->