advice please...spotting

lottie_2007

Mummy of 3!!
Reaction score
Hi Ladies! i'm 8 weeks today and have been feeling sick for just over a week now, sick only once. I went to the loo this am and when I wiped there was a bit of pink on the loo roll. is this not. al for 8 weeks? I have achey pulling feeling low down but still feel sick and my boobs are still hurting. rang the docs this am as haven't seen them yet as only found out last Wednesday. going to see them on friday. just after anyone with experience of this? I had a mc 10 years ago but it wasn't like this x

I've read lots about spotting being normal , keep an eye on it and if it gets heavy or you get bad pains go to the hospital.
I spotted around week 5/6 with my first son and again after a Pap smear and sometimes after sex . I had a full heavy bleed with my second son and everything was okay !
Try not to worry <3

I've had pink spotting with my second, third and current pregnancies. For me, it was a sensitive cervix. It isn't a problem and has absolutely no effects on the baby or the pregnancy. In fact, it is completely normal in pregnancy, especially in the first trimester. This spotting might be triggered by, or made worse by, pushing to make a bowel movement or having sex. These might be things you wanna avoid until your spotting is completely gone. In fact, my dr tells me to wait for a week with no spotting before having sex so the cervix can heal back up. Again, it won't cause any problems with your pregnancy, and it is normal.

With my first I had red bleeding at 4 weeks. Was defo heavier than implantation! With this one I had completely out of the blue spotting like you describe at 10 weeks!!! It took me by complete surprise and I panicked!!!
It was late Saturday night, I had a pretty full on couple of days in the run up to it and also experienced some pulling/achy sensation down there. I decided to have full bed rest on Saturday and then called GP on Monday. They were brilliant and saw me same day. GP then referred me to early pregnancy for a scan.
Scan didn't reveal any problems. I also had manual cervix check and the Dr discovered I had cervical erosion. It is common for that to spot/bleed in pregnancy especially after exercise/too much strain on your body!

If you see this message before 5pm, ring your local hospital and ask to be put through the Early pregnancy unit. Explain to them you aren't seeing a GP until Friday and are really freaked out about spotting!!!! They should fit you in way before Friday!!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->