Advice please :)

Missy08

Reaction score
I've been breastfeeding my daughter since she was born (she's now 8 months). When I returned to work I pumped in order for her to have breast milk while at daycare. (We exclusively nurse at home except baby food). In the beginning (and the first 6 months), I had an abundance of milk and got a pretty good stockpile in our freezer. However, since she's started solids, my supply has decreased a lot and I've blown through our freezer stock. I'm down to literally two bottles worth plus whatever I pump today.

It's looking like I'll have to supplement (roughly 3 ozs BM & 2 of formula). One, this makes me feel like a failure and 2 since I have to give her formula anyway, I'm wondering if I should just switch her all together so I no longer have to pump while at work. But then I worry about her having a hard time with not nursing.

(A little background on pumping at work: I work in a very small office (about 10 people) and I don't have an office of my own so whenever I pump, I have to kick someone out of their office. Plus all the offices have windows so I have to strategically place myself to keep covered :-( )

Any advice/encouragement/etc. is welcomed!

Great job on continuing thus far. Honestly it's a decision only you can make but remember neither is right or wrong and you definitely will not be failing.

wss^^

8 months is simply amazing~! :thumbup:

Thanks :) I guess another part of me is sad that it might be coming to an end, especially since this is likely our last :(

it's completely normal to feel that way. I'm already dreading that day and having mixed emotions about it~

Yeah...the time they are this little just goes by sooo fast! It feels like just the other day I was pregnant and so impatient for her to get here, now she's almost a year!

yeah.. time is simply zooming by!! I kept smelling LO~ just love her scent~ :haha: :blush:

I still remember clear as day the time I got my BFP... first scan.. etc. Not to mention several ladies here who were TTC at the time too. And now their LOs are 1+ year-old!! :shock:

It's so scary how fast time goes by especially the second time around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->