Advice please

Leeleeinjax

Reaction score
I have a wedding to attend and I should be 3 weeks post partum. I plan on breast feeding. Will I be able to pump enough for at least one feeding while I attend the ceremony?

you should just BF your baby at the wedding....pumping once to do one feeding seems a bit...silly. also, your baby may not take the bottle the very first time if all he's had is your breasts...IMHO...

^WSS

I went to a wedding about 6 weeks PP, I just breastfed at the weeding. And it was an out of town weeding, 14 hour drive and an overnight stay...but anyway. I only had to feed him twice.

I wasn't planning on bringing baby as my hubby and I are in the wedding and baby will only be 3 weeks old. Ugh. I'm so stressed about this. And I know I'm a lil over protective but it will be flu season.

Don't worry about flu season if you are breastfeeding, your baby will get your anti-bodies. Myself, DH and dd1 all got an awful D&V bug and dd2 was 3 weeks at the time and she was fine!
I tried a bottle at 3 weeks and that was too late- she refused it. So if you really want to give a bottle, introduce it sooner so baby is used to it. Your milk supply will be big in the first week or 2 so you could pump loads then and freeze it in bags for the wedding (I bought freezer bags from amazon)
Don't stress too much about it- who ever is looking after your baby could also have some formula just in case- to put your mind at ease too.

My baby took a bottle with no issues at about 4 weeks post partum. I'd say it's worth a shot, but would definitely be easier if you could BF at the wedding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->