Advice...Struggling...#3 or no??

Missy08

Reaction score
Looking for any advice/input. DH & I have 2 girls (6 and 2). I always only thought I wanted 2 kids but lately I've really been struggling with whether or not to have another one. The decision to have the first 2 was so easy and obvious to us but the decision to have 3 seems impossible! DH is ok either way.

With our first 2, I worked outside the home and had to pay for daycare and was so upset I couldn't be home with them. In the past few months, however, I've opened a daycare in my home so while I'm working from home, I am home with my girls. So that is one positive, I would be able to be home with #3 from day 1. On the other hand, I feel almost as if we are pushing our luck since we already have 2 healthy kids...We have a 4 bedroom house but the 4th bedroom in the lower level is being used now for the daycare so 2 kids would have to share a room... I am constantly going back and forth and just wish I could make a concrete decision. Even if we do decide to go ahead we won't start TTC for another year or so, so we aren't even pressed for time but this decision is just nagging me.

Looking for any advice on how everyone decided they want a 3rd (or more) or why they decided not to.

I was in the same position. 2 was a perfect number and we had enough room and more. But the idea of me wanting another one was more overwhelming I guess and I wanted to be pregnant one last time. I'm glad we did try again cause I got my princess after two boys. The boys share a room and my daughter will have hers. Ask your oldest what she thinks of sharing a room and if she would want a brother or sister. I'm a sahm as well and definitely wanted to do the same with this child so that was a big part of it too!

I was in the same position. 2 was a perfect number and we had enough room and more. But the idea of me wanting another one was more overwhelming I guess and I wanted to be pregnant one last time. I'm glad we did try again cause I got my princess after two boys. The boys share a room and my daughter will have hers. Ask your oldest what she thinks of sharing a room and if she would want a brother or sister. I'm a sahm as well and definitely wanted to do the same with this child so that was a big part of it too!

Thank you for responding! I'm (secretly) hoping that if we go for #3, it would be a boy (we have 2 girls). I've talked to my oldest some and she gets excited if we talk about having another baby...i haven't asked about sharing a room yet though, I'll do that!

Hehe good luck!! Hope things work out. The way I see it is, if you don't, you might regret it, specially if you're already considering; )

Hubby never wanted 3 but changed his mind. We only have 2 bedrooms at the moment so my boys have shared from when they were 3 and 2. They love it and don't like to sleep alone. Our 16 month old is still in our room and we are hoping to extend for another bedroom. If not we will have to move. Sad thing is we own a 4 bedroom home in another state but can't move back due to work situation.
Im now having #4, who wasn't planned so its a bit of a pickle at the moment.
The only thing i find harder with 3 is trips to the shops. Bit other then that it all works out ok :)

We are in a small 3 bedroom house and two of mine will be sharing a room. I personally didn't ask them about sharing a room - because it's something they don't really get a choice on! And I know they will get used to it. Sharing isn't that much of a biggy really; plenty of kids do it.

For me, the desire to have another baby was there for a good 18 months before I fell pregnant. I waited and waited (and got depo!) because I thought I was just being broody and that the want would go away. But it didn't, and it was more than broodiness- it got to the point where I was upset on a daily basis. But here we are now! Nearly 15 weeks with number 3!

Life is for living!!! If you and your family want it, go for it.

Hubby never wanted 3 but changed his mind. We only have 2 bedrooms at the moment so my boys have shared from when they were 3 and 2. They love it and don't like to sleep alone. Our 16 month old is still in our room and we are hoping to extend for another bedroom. If not we will have to move. Sad thing is we own a 4 bedroom home in another state but can't move back due to work situation.
Im now having #4, who wasn't planned so its a bit of a pickle at the moment.
The only thing i find harder with 3 is trips to the shops. Bit other then that it all works out ok :)

Thanks for replying! It's nice to hear from a mom with 3 say it's not bad...I do worry about trips out with 3 kids, especially by myself haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->