advice - ttc after mc at 21wks

Thank you so much for sharing. The thought of having to try again for months is disheartening so I hope that I am blessed like you :)

Thank you x

Hey hun i'm so sorry for your loss *hugs*

I lost my little boy Frazer at 23 weeks and had an induced labour. That was 6 weeks ago today and I think I ovulated last weekend...so just waiting for AF now though I have had an infection due to a retained piece of tissue and have been on antibiotics. I think the tissue has now passed out but as i am still bleeding slightly i'm not sure if I will know when AF begins exactly.

I want to try again straight away too...not to replace my Frazer but I really want to have a baby in my arms.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hun x x x x x x

I am sorry for your loss Clo, I really thought that late loss was so rare but since posting it's really opened my eyes. I hope that you get your BFP soon too.

I feel the same, I could never and would never want to replace my little boys but although I have children already this is mine and OH first one together and we cant wait to hold our babe.

I had a scare last night, had a huge (well it felt like it) amount of blood loss after getting away with wearing a panty liner for the past 4 or so days. Thank fully today it's eased but OH wanted me to phone hospital which I think I avoided because the last time I called them I was told to go in and found out I'd lost the boys, anyway, he stayed awake most of the night to keep an eye on me bless him :)

I am impatient at the best of times and I am worried that it will take for ever to ovulate and get back into a decent cycle..

I also though it was rare until it happened to me and I found out just how common it seems to be. It's so sad :-(

If you had a heavy bleed after it almost stopping I would go and get checked to see if you have an infection because that is what my bleeding has been like. You could go to your GP rather than the hospital and i'm sure they would be able to do a swab and check and if it is an infection a course of antibiotics should clear it up.

*hugs*

your welcome and i know how hard it is i feel i had megans pregnancy to get me through my grief although she will never be a replacement it made things easier for me to deal with. I lost josh 3 yrs ago know so i just want to say things do get better though you never forget you learn to deal with things, it may not seem like it now but i promise it will, im allways here if you need a chat just message me.
that goes to anyone who needs a chat im allways here i feel i am a stronger person now and i know it will get easier
:hugs:

Thank you, I felt like I was wrong to want to try again straight away. The midwife said it was fine to try straight away but better if I waited till after my 1st AF purely for dating purposes.
I just think that it's so cruel to have to go through everything after, trying to stay positive is hard but I am going to try to focus on me for a bit and get fit and back into shape.. I am hoping that the time will fly by and I will have my BFP in no time.

What did you focus on to get you through the early days?

x

It is hard. To feel like you have done everything gettng through the early weeks and so far into it only to have it snatched away from you. It's cruel to see other people pregnant and imagine how far you would be.

For me, we are 5.5 weeks on from losing Isabella, the thing that got me through was making her grave pretty.; I take her presents up there all the time, teddies, butterflies and windmills. That and focussing on getting pg again. I think that once I am pg again I will break down terribly but I think that I will just have to deal with that when it happens.

I am thinking of you.

I lost my little boy Frazer at 23 weeks and had an induced labour. That was 6 weeks ago today and I think I ovulated last weekend...so just waiting for AF now though I have had an infection due to a retained piece of tissue and have been on antibiotics. I think the tissue has now passed out but as i am still bleeding slightly i'm not sure if I will know when AF begins exactly.

I want to try again straight away too...not to replace my Frazer but I really want to have a baby in my arms.

I am sorry for your loss Clo, I really thought that late loss was so rare but since posting it's really opened my eyes. I hope that you get your BFP soon too.

I feel the same, I could never and would never want to replace my little boys but although I have children already this is mine and OH first one together and we cant wait to hold our babe.

I had a scare last night, had a huge (well it felt like it) amount of blood loss after getting away with wearing a panty liner for the past 4 or so days. Thank fully today it's eased but OH wanted me to phone hospital which I think I avoided because the last time I called them I was told to go in and found out I'd lost the boys, anyway, he stayed awake most of the night to keep an eye on me bless him :)

I am impatient at the best of times and I am worried that it will take for ever to ovulate and get back into a decent cycle..

I had that hun. I bled for 6 days after having Isabella and then stopped. Four days later (actually on the day of the funeral which was not helpful) I started bleeding again. It then carried on spotting on and off until day 15 after losing her. In the end I had gone to the dr and found I had an infection so had antibiotics and it got better.

vickieh1981 iam so sorry hun about your daughter:hugs:

Im sorry for your loss and i know what you mean about the getting through it i am now only planning on bury my son i also ttc after josh was born and fell pregnant straight away and it defo helped me get through it :hugs:

how are you doing hun?

Hi.. this is like a rollercoaster. I lost it yesterday but today bob went back to work and I feel really strong, kept busy with the boys (they go back to school tomorrow) but I have been to the dr's about the bleeding and have to go back for a swab to be taken to check for infection. The dr also gave me something to help the blood start clotting and to slow the blood flow down but I am worried about taking it but I guess they wouldnt prescribe it if it wasnt safe?!!..

How are you doing?

I had that hun. I bled for 6 days after having Isabella and then stopped. Four days later (actually on the day of the funeral which was not helpful) I started bleeding again. It then carried on spotting on and off until day 15 after losing her. In the end I had gone to the dr and found I had an infection so had antibiotics and it got better.

Things can happen at the cruellest of times.. I know we have to get through it but I dont know where we get the energy sometimes :(

I went to the dr's about my bleeding today.. go back thursday.

Take care

x

how are you doing hun?

Hi.. this is like a rollercoaster. I lost it yesterday but today bob went back to work and I feel really strong, kept busy with the boys (they go back to school tomorrow) but I have been to the dr's about the bleeding and have to go back for a swab to be taken to check for infection. The dr also gave me something to help the blood start clotting and to slow the blood flow down but I am worried about taking it but I guess they wouldnt prescribe it if it wasnt safe?!!..

How are you doing?

Oh I so know what you mean. One day I feel I am getting it together pretty well and others are totally awful. Yesterday I went to a car boot sale and someone was selling a tiny little dress. I had the same one for Jessica and had kept it for if I had another daughter. This just reminded me that Isabella will never wear it.

I think you just get through day by day when you have lost a child, it's the only way to do it.

I hope your drs appt goes well. I stopped bleeding within a day or so of starting the antibiotics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->