Advice!!!

Marshuna

Reaction score
Gm...Ladies. I have a question... I lived in a rural area of Alabama. I lived approximately an hour and 15 minutes from the hospital that I am going to deliver my baby. The question is what will be the best time to leave for hospital. This is my first baby so I might have a problem distinguishing between false labor and the real thing. Its too far to be turn around and I dont want to wait to long and deliver in the car.

Thats a tough one. Most first time moms have long labors but most say if you have close steady contractions for an hr to go. I would talk to your dr and see what he says

Thanks! I have an appointment on Monday and I will surely ask>>>>

Hello fellow Alabamian! Yeah, definitely ask your dr. I know some people schedule an induction when worried about distance. But if low risk, etc, dr may just say not to wait for 5 min apart like most do.

Hello Libbyam2003, what part of alabama do you live in???

I would definitely recommend asking your doctor! Or if you're like me, with my first I called everytime I felt too many pains at one time!

I'm up in East Limestone... near Athens/Hunstville etc! You?

You can always call the hospital's maternity area while you're in labor and ask them. That's what the nurses at my hospital have told me to do. :)

I'm like 4 hours from you. I live in Coy, Alabama, 20 miles South of Camden Alabama. I am 2 hours away from Montgomery!!!!

Oh okay! You should follow my journal! looks like you don't have one? I haven't heard of those towns, other than Montgomery of course. I google mapped you and looks like your town has like 2 buildings! That's some small-town living!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->