AF and BFP ! Decidual bleeding ? any advice ?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by notquitesure, Dec 14, 2009.

1. notquitesure

notquitesure Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I posted a thread earlier but want to be more specific regarding decidual bleeding. I'm now on what I thought was CD4; AF came 4 days ago- REALLY heavy, crampy, fresh blood etc. still medium/light flow today. I was then 10dpo which would mean I would now be 14dpo if still in that cycle. Just out of shear curiosity I POAS this morning, not even with FMU and got a faint BFP on a FRER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I retested a few hours later and got the same result. I also POAS at 8, 10 and 12dpo and got BFN's so I'm assuming this means HGC level is rising. I'm wondering whether what I thought was/is AF is in fact decidual bleeding. I first thought it was a chemical due to AF arriving early and strong pg symptoms but could HGC level be rising if it was chemical ??? Any advice would be great. Thanks :wacko:

2. Dee7509

Dee7509 Well-Known Member

I think you should go to the Doctor as soon as possible. Fingers crossed for you.

3. notquitesure

I have an appt. on Wednesday. What do you think it means ?????????

4. Dee7509

I wish I could be more helpful but maybe you could rest until then or try to go to the emergency room before Wednesday, if you can. I do know that my Aunt had what she thought was a period every month while she was pregnant with her daughter and had a healthy baby.

5. notquitesure

Thanks, I don't know whether going to A&E would be helpful, if I'm having a miscarriage there's not really much they could do :(
    I've googled about it and apparently it's rare to have AF-type bleeding when pregnant but not impossible. Here's hoping :flower:

6. Dee7509

Oh NQS, I hope this works out for you.

7. Britt11

Britt11 Well-Known Member

NQS, is the bleeding accompanied by bad cramping? If not you might be okay hon. As i have mentioned in a few other posts I have a friend entering her 7 month with a healthy pregnancy and had bleeding right around the time you are. I think she had it for a week and it came back off and on for the first 3 months. Apparently this can be very normal. FX'd hon

8. notquitesure

The 1st day (10dpo) was accompanied by normal AF cramping, however, the previous day I had gone to an all day health centre as I had such bad uterine cramping / pain, I was concerned I had a ruptured cyst or something. I was told to take paracetamol and wait for either AF or BFP ! Well, low and behold; I got both lol
    Whichever way it goes, what is happening is not normal so I will be asking my GP to check things out / refer me to gynae. I will post tomorrow after I poas again :)

9. TTC...#1:)

TTC...#1:) Well-Known Member

I am hoping the best for you...but if you had bad cramping the previous day..it sounds like a chemical...but the rising HCG level throws you for a loop...I hope you can get it figured out very soon...best of luck

10. lilfrog01

lilfrog01 currently ntnp.. sigh

best of luck to you notquitesure... i know you were wanting that BFP!! i'm in kinda the same boat.. i thought AF came friday but it wasnt her. just some spotting for last couple of days.. nothing like normal.. but too scared to poas.. think i will wednesday though.. i hope it all works out for you... fingers, toes and everything possible crossed for you to have a good outcome!

11. notquitesure

BFN this morning with FMU :(

Lets hope my GP has some answers tomoro x

12. asteri

asteri Well-Known Member

Just seen this post. Good luck NQS! I really do hope you get the news you want.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

13. asteri

asteri Well-Known Member

OMG sorry, I just read this. Im so sorry I feel like an absolute fool. Good luck at the GP's.

14. notquitesure

Aw don't be silly hun. I was prepared for BFN. I've come to the conclusion I've prob had a chemical and it's taken a few days for HCG level to rise and now it's fallen. If I hadn't poas yesterday I would not have known any different and would still be thinking I'm on CD5.
    However, after physically seeing 2 x BFP's yesterday my head can't rule it out 100%, a little tiny part of me is still hoping and praying for a miracle xxx

15. asteri

asteri Well-Known Member

Im hoping for that miracle too for you, after all its the right time of year.

16. lilfrog01

i'm hoping for you too notquitesure... it's soooo hard. :blush: good luck with the doctors.. hope it's good news.. :thumbup: i'm still trying to figure myself out as well. i just wish something would change, either be a normal AF or a BFP.. :shrug:

:hugs: to you!

17. Britt11

Britt11 Well-Known Member

hoping for you too NQS, please let us know how it goes at the doctors
    :hugs:

18. notquitesure

This just gets more confusing... after scrutinizing this mornings HPT I'm not sure if it was BFN or BFP, I could see a 2nd line but it didn't appear pink. Now I am really bloated, emotional, headachey and have left-sided twinges (which feel like I'm ovulating) and very mild AF-like cramping. I have stopped bleeding today after 5 days. It must be confusing to not get BFP and not get AF either but, trust me, it's even more confusing to get both !!! xxxxx will update tomorrow after GP visit xxxxxx

19. notquitesure

Funny you should say that... my first choice of a boy's name is Joseph !!! :)

Thanks hun xxx

20. lilfrog01

good luck at the drs.. i really do hope it's good news for you!:hugs: please make sure you update the thread so we know!:thumbup: fx for you.