AF and BFP ! Decidual bleeding ? any advice ?

Hi all...

Well a definite BFN with FMU this morning :(

GP was very goo, attempted to refer me to EPU (early pregnancy unit) for further investigation but when he rang they weren't interested as my last test had been BFN !!! (despite 2 previous BFP's!). So GP did bloods, HCG (beta - what doe sthe beta bit mean btw?). I have to ring tomorrow at 12 noon for the results.

I'm thinking really low numbers eg <50 = chemical, 50 - 100 = a worry?, 100+ is good !

What do you guys think regarding what my HCG level should be today 4w + 4d ???

I'll keep you all posted xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

fingers and toes crossed for you hun,you dont have too long to wait for your results but long enough i suppose. i have no idea about the hcg just wanted to wish you luck x

Notsosure- I can not wait to hear what the blood test results are. I am praying for high hcg levels for you!

I am actually going through a very similar thing- 3 days of very light bleeding a week before af should show (I used opk's, so I know I ovulated the 2nd or 3rd of Dec)... Got SO nauseous and achey the day after the bleed began and it has continued in waves. I am never sick, so this is strange. I am going to test in a few days, knowing there is a good chance of a BFN.. But a BFP would be a great Christmas suprise :)

I wish you all the best, no matter what the results are!

Welll, in about 15 hours time I will know without a doubt if I am pregnant !!! I'm so grateful to my GP for listening and taking me seriously :) It's probably all in my head but I have a funny taste in my mouth *(like it's coated with something !!!) and the bottom bit of my abdomen is protruding (this would be my second pregnancy so it's already 'floppy' down there lol) and, under my ribs (left) hurts like a stitch, my left hip hurts and my left buttock hurts. As I'm typing, I can feel mild AF-like cramping and what feels like pressure on my pubic bone (like the heaviness before AF). No more bleeding today but some pale brown CM !!! I bet all of this is in my head and my HCG tomorrow will be about 3 or something :( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hang in there!!! The good news is that soon you will know what is going on and no matter what the outcome knowing is better than the limbo you've been in the past few days. Please please please keep us updated when youc all in tomorrow. I'm glad you're in the UK as your noon will come much faster for me over on East Coast time :)

Sounds like lots of us going through very similar things at least in terms of unexplained bleeding. I've been spotting off and on for several days now, started at 6 dpo and I'm now at 10. I had a chemical back in August so won't let myself test until AF is good and late. One day I felt preg, the last few I just feel like AF is coming and if I am preg, then I worry what's going wrong with all this spotting.

Here's hoping you get the news you want tomorrow!!!! :hugs:

Bernia... I've read lots about spotting, its perfectly normal 6-10dpo as it's implantation so dont worry. I know what you mean about chemical's though. I had spotting at 10dpo last month then AF at 13dpo, I never had a BFP that month so I dont know for sure but felt as though it was a chemical as I had pregnancy symptoms before AF. I would definately wait until AF is late knowing what I know now :(
I will definately keep this thread updated as I'm googling loads and no thread ever has a conclusion, it's sooooooooo frustrating !!!!!!!!!!! FX for your BFN x

Notsosure- I can not wait to hear what the blood test results are. I am praying for high hcg levels for you!

I am actually going through a very similar thing- 3 days of very light bleeding a week before af should show (I used opk's, so I know I ovulated the 2nd or 3rd of Dec)... Got SO nauseous and achey the day after the bleed began and it has continued in waves. I am never sick, so this is strange. I am going to test in a few days, knowing there is a good chance of a BFN.. But a BFP would be a great Christmas suprise :)

I wish you all the best, no matter what the results are!

Thank you... it means a lot to me that people are supporting and rooting for me :) I hope I can bring you all good news tomorrow :hugs:

Hi again !

I found this regarding HGC levels so at least I know if it's good or bad a soon as the GP tells me what my level is.

https://www.fertilinet.com/hcg_ levels_in_ pregnancy.htm

I'm aiming for around 40-50 being 4 weeks and 4 days (if pregnant) :)

thanks for the info nqs. i'm sure you will have good levels tomorrow!!:thumbup:. i have given up on this cycle... took another test tonight and got another BFN..:cry: so disapointing.. so i will take the spotting without the clots as a sign that i didnt o last month and that changed my cycle. only a couple more days and i should o again.. :happydance:! hopefully this time it will stick.. gonna take the other test in the am with fmu but not expecting a BFP. i really hope you get yours. following your journey has been quite interesting and makes me hold out hope for another try. :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you for tomorrow. Everything x'd for ya hun!

Hi notquitesure, just been reading your thread - sorry to hear you have probably suffered an early loss, I had an early loss last month at just 4.5 weeks, started bleeding 7 days after my AF was late. Whilst I was losing I had a positive pregnancy test and a HCG of 11 (after 3 days of bleeding) after another 2 days of bleeding I was down to 4. I was told anything over a level of 5 is classed as 'pregnant' and over a 48 hour period they would expect this to double. So even if you don't reach 40-50 if it has doubled the following 48 hours its a positive sign.

A chemical pregnancy is when fertilization of the egg takes place but the fetus dies immediately after and implantation fails therefore the pregnancy ends when AF arrives on time or a short time later (usually under 6 weeks). Chemical pregnancies have become more recognisable in later years due to the improvement in early pregnancy tests, most TTC'ers are able to test before AF is due and get positive results. However a doctor's usual test are the less sensitive tests at 25miu (which usually work on or after AF is due unless you have a very good HCG surge).

So to have a chemical pregnancy is around 50 - 60% of every pregnancy but it is very likely most women go on to have successful pregnancies. They should always be recorded as they would also be taken into consideration for recurrent miscarriage treatment.

Due to my 2 losses, I have now personally decided that I will only test either the day before or on or after AF is late as I personally think I would just know now when I am pregnant, as I did last time. Hopefully 3rd time lucky for me in the new year.

I really do have my fingers xsd for you, but hopefully some of the information I have provided here will be useful to a couple of you girls.

Ps also trying again immediately after a natural miscarriage is okay, its entirely up to the individual on when they feel ready, its only if you have 3 in succession that a doctor usually refers you in the UK.

thanks for the info nqs. i'm sure you will have good levels tomorrow!!:thumbup:. i have given up on this cycle... took another test tonight and got another BFN..:cry: so disapointing.. so i will take the spotting without the clots as a sign that i didnt o last month and that changed my cycle. only a couple more days and i should o again.. :happydance:! hopefully this time it will stick.. gonna take the other test in the am with fmu but not expecting a BFP. i really hope you get yours. following your journey has been quite interesting and makes me hold out hope for another try. :hugs::hugs::hugs: to you for tomorrow. Everything x'd for ya hun!

I wouldn't take light spotting as being AF ! I would definately test again, and agian, and again lol

If we are indeed both clutching at straws (and I pray to God we're not) then I would now be on CD8 so maybe we could go through our next cycle together :)

It's awful not knowing either way, I suppose I can take some comfort in knowing that in 2 1/2 hours I will know for sure.

[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt; please God let the results be good xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I just read your thread, I'm sorry you are going through such a confusing time. I hope you get good news today!! I'll look later and see what the dr said.

Sorry I can't bring you all good news... HCG was <2

Looks like I've had an :angel:

It was what I was expecting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

:hugs: So sorry for your loss, hang in there and know that at least your next cycle started so you're that much closer to having another go of it!!!!

Baby dust and sticky glue for the next one!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't take light spotting as being AF ! I would definately test again, and agian, and again lol

If we are indeed both clutching at straws (and I pray to God we're not) then I would now be on CD8 so maybe we could go through our next cycle together :)

It's awful not knowing either way, I suppose I can take some comfort in knowing that in 2 1/2 hours I will know for sure.

[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt;[-o&lt; please God let the results be good xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

that would be great. i'm still secretly holding on to the hope that i o'd late last month and maybe it threw off my cycle and af isnt really due yet.. but another frer this am with fmu and BFN,:cry:. i still dont feel "right" so i'm thinking i will call my dr and see what they say. I really am praying for you to get good results today.[-o&lt;. but if it doesnt happen for us this month we should definatly go through the next one together!!!:happydance:

oh nqs i am sooooo sorry for you.:cry: i was really hoping it would be good news. lots of :hugs: and message if you need to talk. when you are ready if i still have no BFP then we can cycle together!

i hope you remember that your little :angel: is still with you!!

oh nqs i am sooooo sorry for you.:cry: i was really hoping it would be good news. lots of :hugs: and message if you need to talk. when you are ready if i still have no BFP then we can cycle together!

i hope you remember that your little :angel: is still with you!!

Thank you lilfrog... I'm a great believer in 'what will be will be' and 'everything happens for a reason'. I won't forget my :angel: but I will try to move on. I have a beautiful daughter and my OH has 4 lovely children so I'm not short of people to 'mother'. I count my blessings every day. I feel for those who are LTTTC or who are unable to have any children. We have 5 happy, healthy children so I am focusing on that right now, though it still hurts and I still yearn to hold another baby in my arms. He didn't answer my prayers this time but I'm leaving everything in God's hands. Meanwhile... I will be having a drink or 10 over Christmas (it's my fertile period lol) and enjoying some lovely family-time with the kids. I will still be around to read everyone's threads... I'm waiting on a few BFP's from you all !!! Thank you all so much for your kind words and support. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

TONS of :dust: to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I can't bring you all good news... HCG was <2

Looks like I've had an :angel:

It was what I was expecting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey hun so sorry to hear ur news i had same thing in fact the exact same thing happen to me this month, iv had 2 chemicals in a year and god wish i hadnt of tested as id have never known, keep chin up hunny good thing is u know now u CAN get :bfp: xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->