AF at almost 4 weeks PP?

kalyrra

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I had my little girl almost 4 weeks ago on Oct. 5th. I had the usually postpartum bleeding and lochia, and it seemed like it was tapering off pretty good. Basically just barely enough to use a panty liner. All of a sudden, I'm bleeding bright red blood (enough that I need a pad again), and having some small clots in it just like I would for AF.

I'm exclusively breastfeeding, so I wasn't really expecting it. My AF didn't return until 5 1/2 months pp with my son.

Is it really AF? Or can postpartum bleeding pick up again? I haven't had any majorly noticeable cramping or anything like that. I did have my usual pick up in eating/cravings as I would for AF, but my hormones are still screwy right now anyway. :shrug:

It very well could be. My period returned at just 8 weeks pp.

I'm pretty sure it is. Like, 99% sure. A bit miffed, was hoping to not have it for several months.

I've had pp bleeding off and on Ds was born on Oct 8th. It'll go to the watery discharge the randomly I'll have bright red blood for a day or two then the watery for a day or two since 1 week out. I doubt that its your period because you would have to of had your lining grow back enough to shed and that takes time.

I've had pp bleeding off and on Ds was born on Oct 8th. It'll go to the watery discharge the randomly I'll have bright red blood for a day or two then the watery for a day or two since 1 week out. I doubt that its your period because you would have to of had your lining grow back enough to shed and that takes time.

It's been 3 days, and it's gotten heavier (enough to gush when I stand up, etc...) and I have lots of clotting like I would with a period. No watery discharge or mucous or anything. Just lots of blood & clots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->