af due positive opk?!

S

sumatwsimit

i'm sure this question has been discussed on this forum numerous times but just want to ask anyway...

on my opk's at ovulation i always get a positive result each month for just one day then they go back to barely there and nothing again. however, i've noticed that my opk's sometimes get dark when af is due?!? today i ckecked on one (period due today) and it's dark almost positive! i don't get it. :shrug:

this has happened to me before (when i've been curious) when af is due.

who else does this happen to? and what's the reason behind it? any one know? it just happens briefly at that time and then goes again...

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

OPKs detect LH (luteinizing hormone) which is the hormone associated with ovulation.
Pregnancy tests detect hCG, the hormone associated with pregnancy.
LH and hCG are, at a molecular level, nearly identical.

A pregnancy test will turn positive only in the presence of hCG,
whereas an OPK will turn positive in the presence of hCG or LH.

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

OPKs detect LH (luteinizing hormone) which is the hormone associated with ovulation.
Pregnancy tests detect hCG, the hormone associated with pregnancy.
LH and hCG are, at a molecular level, nearly identical.

A pregnancy test will turn positive only in the presence of hCG,
whereas an OPK will turn positive in the presence of hCG or LH.

Very informative thanks indigo ,xxxxxxxx

did another frer just to make sure i wasn't missing anything :dohh: but BFN.

thanks indigo, an interesting article, it basically says it can happen but for pregnancy indicators stick to pregnancy tests :thumbup:

saying that, it still doesn't say why ive discovered high LH at time of AF!? i'm not ovulating so can't understand why it happens. suppose i've just got to acknowledge it's normal for me and accept :winkwink:

did another frer just to make sure i wasn't missing anything :dohh: but BFN.

thanks indigo, an interesting article, it basically says it can happen but for pregnancy indicators stick to pregnancy tests :thumbup:

saying that, it still doesn't say why ive discovered high LH at time of AF!? i'm not ovulating so can't understand why it happens. suppose i've just got to acknowledge it's normal for me and accept :winkwink:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Dmom says that this happens to her every month before AF is due, she actually uses an opk to predict AF arrival, so it's not unknown at all (I've never tested might try it this month!)

morning jodie :hugs: well, it looks like i'm out this month :nope: still no witch and i'm surprising wet down there (just like last month) but totally negative on the frer's so thinking i'd be hoping for a miracle now hahaha. if i don't get my period by saturday, think i'll start tearing my hair out. just ready to move on now to a new cycle now. you never know, gail could be right about my 'dark - fat ass baby boy' she predicted (using more polite language of course) for oct. :haha:

just been stalking the happy holidays thread :winkwink: hope it means the start of a bfp for you, i can see something there too, keep peeing and keep us updated. your chart and boobies are positive signs. lots of love xxx

Dmom says that this happens to her every month before AF is due, she actually uses an opk to predict AF arrival, so it's not unknown at all (I've never tested might try it this month!)

thanks for telling me northstar. i don't feel a freak now :haha: no sign of AF yet but temp drop this morning tells me she's fuelling up the broom.

Yep unfortunately the wetness is also a sign of AF coming :cry: sorry.

But yep you are not a freak - every month I mean to try this out myself but I forget...

morning jodie :hugs: well, it looks like i'm out this month :nope: still no witch and i'm surprising wet down there (just like last month) but totally negative on the frer's so thinking i'd be hoping for a miracle now hahaha. if i don't get my period by saturday, think i'll start tearing my hair out. just ready to move on now to a new cycle now. you never know, gail could be right about my 'dark - fat ass baby boy' she predicted (using more polite language of course) for oct. :haha:

just been stalking the happy holidays thread :winkwink: hope it means the start of a bfp for you, i can see something there too, keep peeing and keep us updated. your chart and boobies are positive signs. lots of love xxx

when is AF due because your always on time arent you? When you've used the tests have you pulled them apart like what i've done? Saying that at 12dpo you would think it would show up but sometimes they don't?? I had a fair bit of light brown blood yesterday this is what it was like with my other pregnancies :shrug: but our bodies do play tricks on us :growlmad: Do you think mine is an evap? I think so now that i've had a look at other womens FRER :shrug: i thought you couldn't get evaps with FRER?? Still no colour but i'll keep testing it's a good job these FRER are on offer haha if i end up getting my AF i won't be doing this next cycle :hugs::hugs:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jodie, i've never heard of evaps on frer, that's why i trust them more than any others. i couldn't tell you what an evap would look like on a frer, just keep testing hun and fingers crossed. :hugs:

i've ran out of the buggas now and have to order them from the uk off ebay :dohh: pregnancy tests here are crap and so expensive. seriously thinking of buying shitloads when i go home at christmas and selling off the turkey ebay here and making some money :haha:

yes, my periods are usually on time 25 day cycle, always af on day 26. today is day 27 and no sign ( usually a little spotting the day before) but my temp drop this morning tells me it's about to come i think. the only longer cycle i had was last month but that was the ch. maybe they've now decided to lengthen on their own :haha:

god this has been a really emotional cycle and i just want it over. really sleepless today too and had mozzy hell in bed last night. the turkish ones are really quick, dh and i were jumping around the bedroom for hours trying to catch them. just as we got one, lights out - and then 10 mins later there's another buzzing around my head. i was so pissed off! last week i was covered in bites (i counted 10 - 6 on one arm 4 on another). i looked a bonny sight :haha:

jodie, i've never heard of evaps on frer, that's why i trust them more than any others. i couldn't tell you what an evap would look like on a frer, just keep testing hun and fingers crossed. :hugs:

i've ran out of the buggas now and have to order them from the uk off ebay :dohh: pregnancy tests here are crap and so expensive. seriously thinking of buying shitloads when i go home at christmas and selling off the turkey ebay here and making some money :haha:

yes, my periods are usually on time 25 day cycle, always af on day 26. today is day 27 and no sign ( usually a little spotting the day before) but my temp drop this morning tells me it's about to come i think. the only longer cycle i had was last month but that was the ch. maybe they've now decided to lengthen on their own :haha:

god this has been a really emotional cycle and i just want it over. really sleepless today too and had mozzy hell in bed last night. the turkish ones are really quick, dh and i were jumping around the bedroom for hours trying to catch them. just as we got one, lights out - and then 10 mins later there's another buzzing around my head. i was so pissed off! last week i was covered in bites (i counted 10 - 6 on one arm 4 on another). i looked a bonny sight :haha:

September has been awful for a lot of women on here :shrug: Maybe because of your chemical last month your cycle is out of whack this month? :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Thats what i thought? There's certainly lines there and i can remember using them last cycle and when i pulled them apart there wasn't any lines it was completely blank :shrug: seriously though this month has done my head in. I don't think i could do another month like this. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

STAY AWAY MOZZY'S :growlmad:

i don't believe this haha. just as i was reading your reply another one appeared! rarely see them during the day, so what a treat! see photo attached (yeah, you can tell i've got too much time on my hands today :haha:) it's dead :happydance:

i'm going to put the mozzy wanting to feast on me as another indicator that AF is on her way. they can sense it a mile away...!

looking to see how to put photo on... :nope:

easy. problem solved. it can go as my avatar for now. :wacko: have a good day. xxx

Apparently they dislike Avon Skin So Soft so you might want to start applying that before bedtime?

don't know if we do avon here in turkey but i can always ask my mum to ship some out. :haha:

failing that, if i get really desperate, think i'll coat myself with a bit of garlic butter before bed (not around ov. time of course).

don't know if we do avon here in turkey but i can always ask my mum to ship some out. :haha:

failing that, if i get really desperate, think i'll coat myself with a bit of garlic butter before bed (not around ov. time of course).

haha garlic brilliant - yeah don't do it around ovulation otherwise no hanky panky for Natalie xx

Apparently if you rub garlic on your body it will absorb into your pores and give you smelly breath. Let us know is that works :rofl:

Personally I'd go the Avon :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"