AF for dummys after m/c

clare22

Reaction score
hi ladies was just wondering wen you count from to get ur af after mc, is it the first day of the heavy bleeding?

Sorry to hear that you are going thru this as well. I am not really sure but would love to know. I asked the nurse at the clinic today, she said no. She did not give me a clear answer though and just said your cycle will not be the same and you shouldn't count it as day 1. But she was also just trying to tell me not to try at all until I have my first af which I don't think I can listen to. I believe the correct answer is that cd 1 is technically the first day that your hcg levels drop down to 0. But in reality most women might not be able to pinpoint this. My levels dropped drastically today from monday when my miscarriage started and I'm positive they will be at 0 by the weekend so I will likely choose sat or sun as cd1 just so I have something to go by.

Hi I am not really sure but would love to know as well. I asked the nurse at the clinic today, she said no. She did not give me a clear answer though and just said your cycle will not be the same and you shouldn't count it as day 1. But she was also just trying to tell me not to try at all until I have my first af which I don't think I can listen to. I believe the correct answer is that cd 1 is technically the first day that your hcg levels drop down to 0. But in reality most women might not be able to pinpoint this. My levels dropped drastically today from monday when my miscarriage started and I'm positive they will be at 0 by the weekend so I will likely choose sat or sun as cd1 just so I have something to go by.

I would also like to know, I've heard many conflicting things.

And MamaofOne, we miscarried the same day. :hugs: Sorry for both of your losses!

From what I experienced and the stories that I heard on here... Your AF will show up 4-6 weeks after your HCG has reached 0. Hope that helps! Best of luck!

I'm sorry to see that Mikaylasmommy. It's unfortunate that we have that in common. How are you doing so far? This is my first time experiencing this and although I am feeling very sad and hurt emotionally,I am feeling very hopeful and axious for my next cycle. I feel quite normal and feel lucky that I am not in much physical pain. From what I have read it could be much worse than what I am experiencing... Hope you are doing ok

:hugs: I am sorry for your loss.

My first miscarriage my Af showed up 4 weeks after the day I actually miscarried (the day my bean actually left my body - not just blood). A week after I had miscarried my hcg was still at 15 or so? So that would be only 3 weeks between - not the 4-6? Right?

My 2nd miscarriage AF showed up 5 weeks 1 day after I actually lost my bean (not just heavy bleeding).

I dont think there is technically a cd1 with miscarriage as its not really a period. Like when you give birth - thats not really cd1 either as its not a period.

I think Daisy is right, from what I understand CD1 technically isnt until your AF shows up...so this inbetween time is basically limbo.

It's been 3 weeks from my d&c and I'm still bleeding. I go for a 2nd on Friday. Im guessing that will delay my next AF as my hcg levels probably aren't at 0 yet.

That being said, it's still possible to ovulate in this inbetween time, but i think it's really hard to pinpoint when.

thank you everyone
i think i sent this post twice as i couldnt seem to find it after i sent it:dohh:
i like the limbo comment i think that is a very good way of describing it lol. thank you for your help and good luck to everybody :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->