AF is here, anyone else gutted too?

wannabe mam

Reaction score
Just having a general moan, my AF has arrived and I tried to be prepared but it hits hard everytime. Its been 6 months since I miscarried and this was my last chance to conceive before the due date. I am so emotional every month I think my hormones have ran wild since the miscarraige. The worst thing is my boss is due to give birth a couple of days after I was so she is huge now, i had to buy her a pressie today and I was looking at the baby clothes thinking I should have been doing this for my baby...
I tried to make a deal with myself last month not to count days etc to work out ovulation but guess what last month AF arrived on 1st August! So it was obvious which calendar day I was on every day! Aaaaaahhh! I just want what everyone else seems to have very easily and I know you all feel the same. I also want to live my life again, it has totally been on hold since TTC. Feel better now after letting that out!xx::cry:

:( It can take such a long time to get pregnant not just after a mc. It is hard if you have others around due to give birth, especially when they are not far off where you would be at.

Keep at it, your time will come. :hugs:

I am only just starting the TCC process after loss I am prepared for it to not happen as quickly as I would hope.

I completely understand how you feel. AF came today for me too... it's been 3 months since my miscarriage. And every month since then, I feel CONVINCED that I am pregnant again. I feel like I have all the symptoms I had with my first pregnancy - sore breast, heartburn, lower back pain, fatigue.... everything! So I get super excited only to be disappointed every time. It's a horribly frustrating process to TTC, especially after a loss... I keep telling myself not to get my hopes up, but I still do every time.

:hugs:

I know exactly how you feel. It's been 6 months since my mmc, my cycles days are also the same days as the month.

AF arrived 1st of Sep and I feel so down about it. It doesn't help that we're having a rest this coming month because of plans for June/July 2011. So i truly have missed the boat on being pregnant again before my due date.

I don't really have any advice. People keep telling me it will happen again and I just can't see it. The main problem is that it's been about a year of TTC now (since before MMC) and the day-counting and TWW have become really integral to my thoughts.

I hope we can all get through the pain and find other, more happy ways to fill our time (if you work out how, can you let me know!)
xx

I know how you feel too. I really wanted to conceive before the due date of my first one and then I did but had another MC. Now I'm trying to conceive so that I have a due date that is less than a year after the first due date... I drive myself crazy with this. :hugs: to all

:hugs:

It's just over 3 months since my miscarriage and I'm still having complications yet I keep that hope alive that I will get my bfp in spite of it all and each time I get another wonky AF I become absolutely gutted. :cry: I think my hormones probably have something to do with it as once my PMS is done I feel right as rain and optimistic again. But at the beginning.....my world is shattered.

Good luck to everyone. :flower:

Yup me too, 6 months since mmc, and Im out this month, so my next period is due 10/10/10 - my due date. Actually, i hadnt realised that till now.

be kind to yourself though, can you get someone else to get the present for you? in some ways, i think its good to recognise the feelings, and also it can be good occasionally to encourage them by thinking about the loss, but it depends how you are feeling and if you are too vulnerable, try and swerve it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->