AF or something else?

autumnalways

Reaction score
Good evening ladies,

I am new here and am very excited to talk to those that are in the same boat as myself!

My husband and I decided at the beginning of the month to stop trying to prevent pregnancy and that since we are not really crammed for time we would just enjoy ourselves and would be excited if we got pregnant. However, deep down I am so excited to be a mom so I was really hopeful it would happen quickly, even though I knew that it was not a good possibility of happening.

Since we are just starting TTC,I have not done any temping or anything of the sorts. However, I am VERY regular and for the last several months I have started AF every 24 days. I plugged all this info into a calculator and it said my fertile days were Oct. 9th-12th. We had sex every other day or so. A week or so after my last "fertile day" I started cramping every so often, getting nauseous over certain foods and having some headaches. I thought that I was experiencing some early pregnancy symptoms, but now I am not so sure so I thought I would get some advice. Yesterday, on day 23 I still had no trace of my period, but after having sex I had some light pink blood that was only there when I wiped and was gone by morning. Then about mid day today when I would wipe there would be light pink/brown blood that would sometimes turn more of a red throughout the day. However, it is only there when I wipe and nothing is showing up on my panty liner. My periods usually start out slow, but by that evening are pretty well full blown and I always have severe cramps, but so far the cramping has been very light and minimal. I have read that sometimes implantation bleeding will occur around the time of your period and depending on when you ovulated and the egg implants you may still have a period.

I am just trying to get some insight on what is going on. Should I just wait a few days and see if the bleeding gets any heavier?

Thanks!

Hi autumnalways, and welcome!

I didn't have IB with my first pregnancy, but I did get it with this one. For me it was brown, with a tiny bit of a pink smear added in right around the time my period was supposed to start. Kind of like what you get at the very end of your period. I do know some women who got darker colored and even red blood though, so it's always possible. IB is usually very light, and only lasts a day or two. If you keep bleeding, or it starts to get darker, or more intense, then I would say it's af. Good luck!

I know how confused you must feel.
I would try and relax and wait and see what happens with the bleeding.
Keep us posted! :flower:

Thanks for the friendly support! It has gotten heavier (not as heavy as previous months), but I'm calling it as af.... let's hope for better luck next month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->