af taking its time or not showing up after mc

C

cloud9

hi all its been 6 months since my last mc. after a week of bleeding post-mc it was 6 weeks until proper af showed up. then 28 days after that the next one. thinking that i was back to normality too soon it then took another 50 something days (next one showed up on xmas eve!) and now nothing since - i am cd52 :(
i went to docs this week for blood tests and got the results on friday all my levels were normal.
i have read that its common to get a follicle cyst? would this be apparent from blood tests or would i need to go for a scan?
anyone in similar situation or can offer any advice? i have no clue why this is happening:shrug:

thanks

Oh my goodness, I have no clue! I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time! I thought I was having a rough go!

I wish I could help, but I really don't have any advice other than talking to your doctor. But I am here if you want to just rant and scream!

I don't think a cyst would show on bloods i have had them and needed a scan to see them

thanks for the replies ladies!

niamh what happens did your doctor refer you for a scan then?

hi all its been 6 months since my last mc. after a week of bleeding post-mc it was 6 weeks until proper af showed up. then 28 days after that the next one. thinking that i was back to normality too soon it then took another 50 something days (next one showed up on xmas eve!) and now nothing since - i am cd52 :(
i went to docs this week for blood tests and got the results on friday all my levels were normal.
i have read that its common to get a follicle cyst? would this be apparent from blood tests or would i need to go for a scan?
anyone in similar situation or can offer any advice? i have no clue why this is happening:shrug:

thanks

Hi Cloud 9

M/c in oct2010 thought my periods had return to normal then last month my AF was due on the 15th on Jan and didn't come, i had blood tests which showed my levels to be normal then a scan on the 3rd of Feb showed a follicle cyst about 3cm on my right ovary, this is apparently very common and according to the lovely lady who did my scan probably prevented me from ovulating and messed up my cycle. She recommended me to have another scan in three months but said this would have probably disappeared by then and i might be pregnant in three months.
My period arrived on the 4th of feb

I have been taking evening primrose oil for any hormonal imbalance in my body aswell as my pregnacare vits, apparently this might help but you can only take it from 1st day period until 1st of ovulation then stop if trying for a baby.

Hope this helps a little :)

thanks hun! did you have any symptoms or pain in your right ovary?
do they do anything to treat the cyst or will it shed with next af?
i think i might make an appointment with the docs again and ask to be referred for a scan so i can rule this out also!
thanks

HI

Yes i had ovulation symptoms.. pain in lower right abdomen, lower back ache etc.

These cysts are common and disappear soon as they appear, they are the little sacs that fill up and when they burst realease the egg, mine didn't burst, didn't realease and egg and became a cyst.
I went to my doctor and told him i had pain and no period and was trying for a baby. So he made a appointment for a emergency scan... after asking me if i was getting my knickers in a twist :blush: and me admitting to being a bit manic :haha:

I put my self on Evening primrose oil because i have used it before, it helps regulate my menstrual cycles and seems to work, i'm back to trying with the SMEP :) i'm on day 11.

Good luck with it all xx

i am getting twinges now and again but it seems to be just below belly button or low down in the pubic bone area. i wish i'd kept track of ovulation this cycle so i know if ive ovulated or not! i have booked an appointment with the doctor and got one for friday so will see if af shows up before then....that will be 8 weeks exactly since the first day of my last period which came on christmas eve! i got 2 pink slivers of blood when i wiped about 2-3 weeks ago and nothing since.
i think if i get a scan it will put my mind at ease hopefully my doctor will refer me for one!
thanks about info on evening primrose, im taking pregnacare conception vitamins at the moment so i think thats enough i dont like taking any sort of tablet! even paracetamol if i can avoid it :haha: but i will do anything to regulate my periods. i was tempted to go back on the pill and come off and see if that works as thats how ive managed to fall pg both times before!!

i am getting twinges now and again but it seems to be just below belly button or low down in the pubic bone area. i wish i'd kept track of ovulation this cycle so i know if ive ovulated or not! i have booked an appointment with the doctor and got one for friday so will see if af shows up before then....that will be 8 weeks exactly since the first day of my last period which came on christmas eve! i got 2 pink slivers of blood when i wiped about 2-3 weeks ago and nothing since.
i think if i get a scan it will put my mind at ease hopefully my doctor will refer me for one!
thanks about info on evening primrose, im taking pregnacare conception vitamins at the moment so i think thats enough i dont like taking any sort of tablet! even paracetamol if i can avoid it :haha: but i will do anything to regulate my periods. i was tempted to go back on the pill and come off and see if that works as thats how ive managed to fall pg both times before!!

Cloud nine have you done a HPT???? :)

i have done hpt, took a FRER last weekend and got a faint positive. tested the next day and got a line but it disappeared after 10-15 minutes (different brand). every other test has been bfn since.... if you see my posts in pregnancy test gallery you will see the pics i put up :shrug:
dont know what to think! its been 5 days since my last neg hpt. i am going to buy more today and test tomorrow

Go and see the Doctor Cloud nine and put your mind at rest, after my scan i felt really positive because she said there was nothing flagged up that said i couldn't go on and have a healthy pregnancy.. keep me informed :)

cloud 9 i do hope i dont have to dance ur merry dance:( my god u must be going crazy... i dunno wher i am. would be worse few weeks down the line..

oh hun this is not good for you, you must be going crazy i was reffered by my doctor as had a couple in the past leading to an operation to remove cycsts. still had ovulation pain but if mine didn't go on there own they grew and caused me pain. I was diagnosed with PCOS but fingers crossed since i had my LO that seems to have sorted itself out

i have an emergency appointment tonight with the doctors i am going to push for a scan. my doctors dont tend to listen to me, its taken me all this time for them to just take blood and do the tests for me so whether or not they will give me a scan is another story!
fingers crossed though i just want to know going on in there - its day 54 today! this is the longest cycle ever

i have an emergency appointment tonight with the doctors i am going to push for a scan. my doctors dont tend to listen to me, its taken me all this time for them to just take blood and do the tests for me so whether or not they will give me a scan is another story!
fingers crossed though i just want to know going on in there - its day 54 today! this is the longest cycle ever

Well Cloud nine it's a start... :)

When you go for your appointment tell them if you have pain, even if you exaggerate a little, explain your concerns. After all this time i think they should be a bit more sympathetic to your plight.

How old are you?? For me age is a concern so i used that aswell :)

Good luck xx

well the appointment didnt happen they couldnt see me in the end so i have an appointment on friday afternoon now! i will let you know how it goes....

i had my first reiki therapy session today and i loved every minute of it. the woman was lovely and really made me relax. after the session she explained a bit about what was going on with me and told me she could feel nothing wrong with my reproductive system she said all was good down there. although i have other issues to work on, it is all mental and emotional issues rather than physical problems and i believe this is the reason why my cycles are getting longer.
i work with children who have alot of problems in school and personal life (some of the stories break my heart) and as i have been ttc i have noticed that i am much more sensitive to these situations.

i am 26 so i know i still have time on my side. the woman today explained to me that she has helped women conceive in the past and her sister in law started trying was told she couldnt conceive and 2 years later she tried reiki therapy at 35 and has just had her 3rd child at 42!

thanks for all your support xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->