AFP levels

Nataliexx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I haven't had my NT scan yet but I have done the bloods for it, my scan is Monday

I got the results back from the bloods and my AFP is extremely high (nearly double)
My doctor told me that I will have to have a CVS after my scan.
Our last baby we lost at 6 weeks due to triploidy.
I'm freaking out that we have gotten this far and the baby won't make it :cry:
Has anyone else had this?

am sorry your going through this hunnie

sorry about your loss what tripolgy was it ? 21, 13 or 18 ?

don't the bloods too go with NT scan just indicate downsyrdome ?

if so then it would be upto you if you wanted too have CVS you dont have too it has 1/100 chance of mc

also downssyndrome children are adorable and alot can be only mild and can live perefct lives aswell xx

Is there anyway you can have the materniT21 or harmony or panorama test done instead? This is where they draw your blood and extract the baby's DNA from it and test it for genetic issues.. this gives no risk to the baby and my Dr said since it's the baby's DNA they are looking at it's pretty much 100% reliable!!! I have read lots of stories on here of blood results showing high yet baby was perfectly normal... I've even read where results were high and NT scan showed high nuchal numbers and still baby was perfect and normal!!! Don't lose hope yet hun!!!! There's still a great chance all is well!! Good luck and keep us updated!!!

am sorry your going through this hunnie

sorry about your loss what tripolgy was it ? 21, 13 or 18 ?

don't the bloods too go with NT scan just indicate downsyrdome ?

if so then it would be upto you if you wanted too have CVS you dont have too it has 1/100 chance of mc

also downssyndrome children are adorable and alot can be only mild and can live perefct lives aswell xx

They told me our last baby had everything that could go wrong with her was wrong with her.
I'm not sure how the results work but so far it isn't looking good as my doctor had to contact the hospital and speak to I head obgyn and they want the cvs done.
I'm still doing some research into cvs. It's looking like it's something I have to do as DH dose not want a baby with things like that wrong as it's hard on the baby
I'm not sure what to do :cry: , I'm still hoping that everything comes back fine

Is there anyway you can have the materniT21 or harmony or panorama test done instead? This is where they draw your blood and extract the baby's DNA from it and test it for genetic issues.. this gives no risk to the baby and my Dr said since it's the baby's DNA they are looking at it's pretty much 100% reliable!!! I have read lots of stories on here of blood results showing high yet baby was perfectly normal... I've even read where results were high and NT scan showed high nuchal numbers and still baby was perfect and normal!!! Don't lose hope yet hun!!!! There's still a great chance all is well!! Good luck and keep us updated!!!

I keep telling myself that it will be ok but my number is soo high.
I will ask about that test. I'm not sure if they do it here in Australia

theres still a high chance baby is fine when you have your scan done you will also know more

like pink was saying there is a harmony test which is highley arruate but unfortunalty i know in england its not avalible unles you travel very far and pay 650 so no sure what its like in aussie !!
in amercia its widely avablile now x

Hey hun, I totally respect how hard this situation is on you and your OH, I would struggle so much with it. I just wanted to say that it's yours and your OH's choice whether or not you have a CVS or an amniocentesis and I don't want your doctors to make you feel pressured that it is what you should do.

My personal advice is that you need to take time to consider what you and your OH would choose if results came back from something like a CVS and there was a problem, if you would choose to have a termination then the risk of miscarriage is possibly worth having the procedure, if you would choose to keep the pregnancy then the risk of miscarriage may not be worth it for you.

I think it's important to think carefully about the different ways this could go, in a situation like yours and all the 'what would we do if?', I know you said above that your OH feels like he does not want to bring a child into the world with complications and that is indeed a consideration.

Just don't let anyone push you one way or the other, this is your choice and I am sorry that you have to make it.. <3 All the luck in the world xx

I think we will just wait until the scan Monday then if the numbers come back bad then we will talk about it. I'm leaning more towards getting it done. I'm just doing some research on ladies who had gotten it done then miscarried

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->