• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Afraid of dying in childbirth! :(

Momma89

Reaction score
I'm now 32 weeks pregnant and terrified of dying in childbirth. Always have been even before I got pregnant. A couple times during pregnancy I really had hard time with my anxiety worrying about dying the night before, I woke up thinking heard a voice saying I'm going to die but think that was my mind thinking it, I hope. Sounds crazy but it got me terrified. I'm afraid of having amniotic fluid embolism all because I came across a story few years ago, a women had this foreboding or premonition and ended up dying but survived thank God. So if it happens to me I hope I survive it.

Anyone feel this way?

I don't personally feel this way and I'm sorry to hear you do :hugs: but I think it's a common fear to have during pregnancy, I guess it'll be how much it affects your life is the difference in whether it's minor or extreme. I have read a bit in the past that perhaps the study of hypnobirthing can help people with this fear, even if it's not with the intention of having a natural unmedicated birth, but merely to help you create a better understanding and trusting in your body and how it is built for birthing babies, and why everything happens the way it does during childbirth.

Sounds like you are suffering from anxiety and/or OCD. I suffer myself and it has often centred on dying before certain ages (didn’t happen!), and I was terrified my most recent baby would be stillborn and worried that lots of things were ‘signs’ it was true (also didn’t happen!).
My advice would be to get some help and support ASAP, or you will make yourself miserable. These kind of themes are very common in those who suffer with anxiety, and you will always come across the rare stories where the worst happens. Be kind to yourself and see that the problem isn’t that something may happen to you, but rather that you need help addressing the fact that you are distressing yourself needlessly.
Big hugs and I hope you feel better soon. Anxiety is miserable, but you can learn to deal with it.

Beth xx

Thank you ladies! I know it's most likely anxiety because every medical procedure I had I thought I was dying for sure. Example :when I had my wisdom teeth taken out under general anesthesia, I cried the night before and on the way to the surgery regardless of my hudband saying it will be fine. I just felt it was it I was dying not waking up but I did thank God. I really hope this fear of dying in childbirth is the same. Every day I feel like something is going to happen to me either during last few weeks of my pregnancy or for sure during delivery since its going smoothly.

This might sound crazy but couple times during my pregnancy I had couple of really hard nights crying most the night. I woke up to what I thought was someone whispering "your going to die" now that is stuck in my head and it's been hard. I know if it does happen there is nothing I can do to stop it but I can't help but worry. Yesterday was another hard day and night but hubby pulled me out of the funk and I feel abit better then did yesterday. I just don't want to leave my husband and baby.

I'm hoping the whispering voice was my anxiety and thoughts from night before. I mean I want to believe it is my mind not premonition but I'm afraid to be positive cause usually nothing goes my way when I'm completely positive.

I do think you should probably speak to a professional about this, it sounds likes it's really having a big impact on your life :hugs:

I have a friend who has severe anxiety about childbirth, so she opted for a c section for all 3 babies, so that that fear would be removed. Of course there is still anxiety surrounding that, but it may be an option for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->