Afrin nasal spray

hotpinklily84

Reaction score
My Flonase is no longer working for me...saline nasal spray doesn't work at all. My sinuses are clogged mostly all day and night....the only thing that works is Afrin nasal spray... I use it once at night and sometimes once in the day. I have also used with my two other pregnancies and my children have no physical deformity,the only thing my Kids have is Autism...now I don't know what caused my kids to have autism and not many ppl know how a person gets autism and it may not be one specific thing that causes it. My question to you ladies is did you or someone you know take Afrin throughout pregnancy and the child was later diagnosed with autism?
My mother said she used it throughout some of her pregnancies and me and my siblings have no disability.

I used phenylephrine based nasal spray during my first pregnancy and so far my son is developing very normally and is even somewhat ahead (he's almost 15 months). Oxymetazoline hydrochloride is the active ingredient in afrin and is generally considered safer than phenylephrine hydrochloride in pregnancy. That said, chronic nasal spray use isn't healthy for you and your body, and as someone who was hooked on it for years due to rebound congestion, I really don't recommend its use.

I used phenylephrine based nasal spray during my first pregnancy and so far my son is developing very normally and is even somewhat ahead (he's almost 15 months). Oxymetazoline hydrochloride is the active ingredient in afrin and is generally considered safer than phenylephrine hydrochloride in pregnancy. That said, chronic nasal spray use isn't healthy for you and your body, and as someone who was hooked on it for years due to rebound congestion, I really don't recommend its use.
Thanks for your reply
That makes me feel a bit relieved....I know over use of nasal spray is not good. I don't have it to where my symptoms are getting worse. I will keep trying to use the Flonase to see if it will start working again but I'm afraid I'm one of those women who have stuffy nose issues during pregnancy as I feel it the worst heading into second trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->