After 1 yr bfeeding our journey will begin and end with expressing

threebirds

Reaction score
I now know I will probably never know when exactly our last proper breastfeed was. For the last 10 days or so DS has been biting every time I try to bf. So I take him off and calmly say no biting, it hurts mama, and he doesnt seem bothered to not get a feed. Im still offering every day but every time I get a grazing bite. So now Im expessing 3 times a day and giving him my milk in his food and in a sippy bottle - he's not great at drinking milk but is coming round to it. Ive no idea how long I'll continue this for but if he changes back to wanting to bf at least I'll have a supply, and if he doesn't - well he's still getting my milk in other ways.
Our feeding journey started with donor milk after a difficult emergency c section, 6 wks early followed by blood transfusions for me. But I perservered with hand expressing, then pumping, and then breastfeeding when he was about 10 days old. I found it really difficult to begin with. I constantly worried about low supply and for most of our breastfeeding time I fed mainly from one side only. But I made it to a yr (golden boobies, yay). And now if he is ready to stop I am sad about that special bond coming to an end but thats ok. Every milestone is both happy and sad x

Good job making it a year with supply worries!! You are an inspiration. I hope I can make it that long too :)

Good job making it a year with supply worries!! You are an inspiration. I hope I can make it that long too :)

Aw thank you so much and good luck with your breastfeeding journey. I feel kinda sad about it but that's just the way it is x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->