• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

After D&C, how long for hcg levels to drop off

MamaDee

Mommy + recent MMC
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I had my d&c done on Friday, around 2pm.My Hcg levels were never dropping still increasing right up until then. I would like to monitor my levels and make sure they get down to 0 since we would like to try again, so I bought a bunch of dollar store tests.

Did one tonight and got a blazingly dark positive, darkest I've seen actually and I did a test back at even 7.5 weeks it wasn;t even that dark and my hcg was beyond 30,000 at that point.

How long did it take you for your lines to start turning up much lighter on the pregnancy tests and or to eventually get a negative?

i think it depends on how far along you were/what your hcg started at, but I did blood tests and it took about 2 weeks for them to go down from about 31,000 to 5. Sorry for your loss.

:hug:

I had medical management friday and mine had already dropped from 28.6k to 20k by then so i hope mine will be 0 in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks ladies. :hugs:

Bump2baby: so sorry to see you also here. I remember you from another thread. I think we were in similar situations at one point. Kept having repeat scans which showed growth leading us to think things were good? So sorry we both had the same end result. Hope you are feeling well, and wish you well when you are ready to try again.

Yes I remember you hun, mine turned out to be twins for that extra kick in the gut!
Impatiently waiting for August when I hope to be trying again :)

Oh no! Double the hurt, so sorry to hear :hugs: Glad to hear you are eager to start trying again. I also want to be pregnant again immediately!

I'm sorry for your loss. Mine took forever to drop - when I had my D&C the HCG levels were also still on the rise, it took around 6 weeks, if I remember correctly to reach 0. But I'm probably the exception, not the norm!

Best of luck!

Thank you. Wow that is quite a while. Unfortunately I think mine will be similar, the tests are again still coming back super dark unchanged.

I had my d&c on 6/8/12. I stopped spotting on 6/15/12. I took a pregnancy test today to chech hcg level and the test was negative...yay! I hope my body will have a speedy recovery. It is strange to be so excited to get my period so I can start trying again soon :)

It would depend where your levels started. The doctor told me they should drop 50% every 2 days. Mine were at 22,000 when we found out the baby had died and 3 days later (day I miscarried) were at 9,000. A week later they were down to 900. He expects them to be at 90 today a week after the 900 and pretty much back to 0 by next week, so almost 3 weeks for me.

A doctor friend told me to get levels 20,000 to 2 it would take 2-3 weeks as they decrease at an average rate of every 30 hours xxx

So sorry to read of everyone's loss. I had a D & C on May 11 (10 weeks 2 days), baby had stopped growing 2 weeks prior (8 weeks 2 days) but I am unsure of my hcg level at that point. I do know that it was 33,000 at 6 weeks. This Friday will be six weeks since my d & c and I am still getting positive pregnancy test results. I really thought that I would at least have ovulated by this point, if not be pregnant again already.

I am sorry for your loses.

Lost my baby on 30th aug last year and i'm still waiting for negative! :cry:

Xx

Looks like mine isn't coming down quite as fast as the doctor thought. It was 900 last week and still 282 this week. He expected it to be around 90. We'll see what it is next week. :(

Lost my baby on 30th aug last year and i'm still waiting for negative!
What does the doctor say about that? It should be back to normal by now unless there is still something retained.

I had my d&e on the 5th of june and my levels are in the 200's

FeLynn...read your profile and we were due within a day of each other :hug:

Lost my baby on 30th aug last year and i'm still waiting for negative!
What does the doctor say about that? It should be back to normal by now unless there is still something retained.

They say there are some microscopic cells deeply embedded in the myometrium. Nothing has shown up on either mri or u/s.

Its now at 7 so hopefully it will be negative soon!

3xBlessed and FeLynn, I was initially supposed to be due on december 3. when we saw the heartbeat, the doc changed our date to december 7th. i have cramps today and watery, light bleeding that's on and off. a very weird start to first post d&c af i think? 3xBlessed and anyone who did a d&c, have you had af? what was it like?

:cry:

lotte lotte, you are very close to the base number. i think anything from 1-5 or 1-6 qualifies as non preggo.... i guess we have *some hcg floating around just normally. xoxxoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->