After D&C, how long for hcg levels to drop off

Firstly, sorry for all your losses :hugs:

Not sure if this will help anyone but on 17th June last year I had a MC, my HCG levels were well above 25000. I had an emergency D&C and a 5 unit blood transfusion. I decided because of my age (40) that I would not wait but did continue to test myself to see if the HCG had cleared from my system.
On the 8th July I had a negative test.
On the 16th July I began to experience weird pregnancy symptoms.
So I took another test = positive.
I was pregnant again just 4 weeks after my D&C, we had only DTD once! (we tried for 8 months previously)
The details are in my signature.

Good luck and god bless to all of you :hugs::hugs:

5 weeks after my d&c I still had a positive although faint...

6 weeks past d&c my positives started getting darker and I was pregnant again, though sadly I'm currently miscarrying that pregnancy :(

I just home from the hospital where I had mine done. They kept me overnight because I had a really strangely hidden blighted ovum, and since my levels were still high enough for me to test positive, they wanted to keep me around to make sure I wouldn't need emergency surgery for an ectopic pregnancy (they thought what they were seeing was so unusual, it might even be a pseudo-sac of some kind, or fluid). I had the d&c done at about 12:30 (lunch time) yesterday, and they tested me this morning at 8am. My levels had totally plummeted....So yeah, pretty fast. I bet had they tested me even yesterday, a significant drop would have shown up.

Firstly, sorry for all your losses :hugs:

Not sure if this will help anyone but on 17th June last year I had a MC, my HCG levels were well above 25000. I had an emergency D&C and a 5 unit blood transfusion. I decided because of my age (40) that I would not wait but did continue to test myself to see if the HCG had cleared from my system.
On the 8th July I had a negative test.
On the 16th July I began to experience weird pregnancy symptoms.
So I took another test = positive.
I was pregnant again just 4 weeks after my D&C, we had only DTD once! (we tried for 8 months previously)
The details are in my signature.

Good luck and god bless to all of you :hugs::hugs:

As much as I'm sorry for your loss, I just wanted to point out how hopeful and helpful your story is.

It's awful you had to have a blood transfusion, but it was a blessing in disguise. Having it basically cleared out most if not all of the HCG in your blood/system immediately. Without it it could have taken much longer for your levels to drop.

So very happy that your rainbow baby found you so quickly :)

Hi Bio - that's why I posted it, hoping to give some of you ladies encouragement and hope.

Having a MC is a horrible experience and I honestly didn't realise how painful and emotional it is until I had one myself. So I salute all you ladies going through it now or who have been through it and hope my story gives someone hope to carry on TTC :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->