After school musical

Sweetpea70

Reaction score
The elementary school my son and step son go to is having a musical that their music teacher has set up. This musical is after school at 7pm on a weeknight.

Here's my question, my son doesn't want to go and I really don't care if we go or not. So....my son told his teachers he didn't want to go, so now they are saying if he doesn't show up for it, that they will take away all his recess for the rest of the year, his "field day" (a day where all kids do games all day for fun) and his gym and all other extra classes. My step son has been grounded at home and isn't allowed to go.....so this is bascially all dealing with what my son decides to do.

Can they really grade him on this and take away all these things??? It just seems ridiculous to me.....I am thinking about letting him stay home and then on "field day" just letting him stay home, but he said he will still not be allowed gym class or recess...etc etc...

let me know what you think...this is driving me nuts. :growlmad:

That seems really harsh to me. However is it something that they children are actually obliged to go? If it is compulsory for all children to attend then i guess they can take privileges away. If its not then i don't see how they have grounds to do that.

Can you talk to the school and ask them what the story is? Quite often my DS will tell me things that the teacher has said and then through questions i actually find out the wording was a little different and he misunderstood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->