afternoon bottle or snack for 10 month old

pinksmarties

Reaction score
Not sure if I should put this here of on FF so have done both!!

I was bf until I eventually stopped 2 weeks ago. He was on evening afternoon bottle for a couple of weeks before I finally stopped the morning bf. My LO was currently on 7oz on waking about 7am, breakfast hour later, lunch 12pm , 5oz bottle before/after nap depending on when he went down, tea 5.15ish and 7oz bottle before bed at 7pm.

He never really cries for his bottle in the afternoon (but he hasn't really ever done for food even when bf) so after speaking to the HV she suggested I drop it. My dillema is that he is not a great snack/finger food eater. I have tried the last few days and he doesn't seem to miss the bottle but he isn't eating much snacks and is then getting grumpy and fussy before his tea as he is obviously getting hungry.

I don;t really want to bring his tea earlier as that is hen his dad get home and can feed him plus when I go back to work (3 weeks time)I won't be picking him up from nursery till 5pm.

My question is should I continue with the milk (easy option for me!) or has anyone any ideas to encourage him to have snacks?

You could offer the snack a little later? Or try and alternate the snack that you're giving?

My lo tends to have a snack at nursery, yet will have a bottle at home.

At home she has bottle at 7am, breakfast at 8am, bottle at 10am for nap, lunch at 12:30pm, bottle at 2pm for nap, dinner at 4:30pm then bottle for bed at 6pm.

I'm in the process of dropping the 10am bottle for a snack but just playing it day by day. I'm hoping she'll let me know when she doesn't want it anymore! Xx

I am relatively new to the bottle but he did kind of drop his mid morning bf himself. However he isn't one for saying he has had enough. When we used (couple of months ago now) to give him an overnight bottle (full 7oz) I decided one night to settle him and see how he went fully expecting him to wake an hour later for his bottle but he sttn and hasn't had a bottle since. So I can't rely on him 'telling me' he doesn't want it.

What snacks does you Lo get?

I'd maybe try the same again?

My LO has a bottle in the afternoon still, and sometimes I think he is getting close to dropping it but he screamed his way through being put down for his nap the last time I tried to skip it!

I give a bottle before nap and a snack after nap. Snack similar to morning one, rice cake spread with something, fruit, cheese, pasta... Maybe I should try taking the bottle away again!

My LO doesn't get a snack in the morning, doesn't seem to need it. I will try again with snacks (chickened out last 2 days and gave a bottle) but he is still on lumpy foods and is lazy when it comes to finger foods.

My LO doesn't get a snack in the morning, doesn't seem to need it. I will try again with snacks (chickened out last 2 days and gave a bottle) but he is still on lumpy foods and is lazy when it comes to finger foods.

After reading this I attempting to skip the bottle in the afternoon again....it did not go well haha!

Instead of finger food snack maybe you could try yogurt? Easy to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->