Age comments

I know its hard emotionally to listen to these comments, either way. I've had all types of comments over the years. I'm on #3 and I am 31, dh is 39. Ds#1 was born when I was 20, dh was 27 (almost 28). DH waited and I waited until ds#1 was in preschool before having Ds#2. Since dh was older it just made sense to us as we didn't want to be near retirement age and still have kids in the house. Didn't quite work out that way as now we are having our little girl (unplanned but VERY welcomed surprise!!)
this was our choice. We decided when we were ready and u wouldn't have it any other way! This way I was able to stay home with my boys and spend as much time with them as possible.
I had the "you're too young" and now I get the "you're too old" and " about your career?" it seems ss#2 was born at the "right age" for most. But who cares. Don't listen to them. Its your body, your family, and your decision. They can all just go get their own life.

Ugh all the time. I'm 32 pregnant with first. Married for 4 years before got pregnant heard it all the,time..worst part is . We were trying for 3 of those years

You can't win, with DD I was 25 and told regularly what a young Mum I was (amongst my peers I was) but now I'm 30 expecting number 2 and have been told not to leave it much longer after as I'm in my 30s.. YET most of my friends have only just had their first in the last 10 months.

I just roll my eyes now.

I get comments like you are too young to have children. Funny thing is when I tell them I have a 15&10 year old they look at me like I'm crazy. I had my first at 20 & second at 25. I'm now 35. And will be 50 when he is 15!!! That seems NUTS to me!

I'm 26, will be 27 on the 26 th November which is also my due date. I'm hopefully being Induced on the 13 th though. I tried for 8 years to get pregnant though but I still got the comments "isn't it time you started having kids" " age is not on your side" etc etc. Ignore the comments, it's your choice whether you have kids and at what age.

Wow! I tried for 8 years, my son was due on the 26th of November and that is my birthday. How funny! I was turning 28 when he was born though, not 27.

I'm 23 (will be 24 by time baby arrives) and I still get people shocked that I'm pregnant. They think I'm too young! Plus non of my friends have babies yet so they all think I may be starting a bit too early. I completely disagree with them!

Yeah we were together 10 months and then I fell pregnant.

Thanks for all the input...I guess i'm in a very small gov town where people just get a job and then get married and have kids right after high school.

I'm 25 this week and pregnant with my second.
it's weird because I know people younger than me who have just had their second, and then I have a lot of friends older than me who won't even start thinking about children for at least 5+ years.
People just like to moan and comment, I think!
Age is just a number and has nothing to do with your relationship with OH, your financial situation, maturity, ability to look after a baby, etc.

Ha. My mom's family has been asking when I'm going to have kids already since a month after the wedding (and was asking when I'm getting married already since before I started dating OH at age 19). My dad's family was surprised I wanted to get married and pregnant so young. OH's family has never made any remarks to me, and OH has never mentioned any remarks they've made to him, about our ages at these events.

We got married at 22, are expecting our first in January when we'll both be 27 (or very nearly so). I don't think there's any rhyme or reason to when people think is an "appropriate" time to have kids; I think it's mostly based on when they had kids and how they felt about it at the time.

My pregnancy was planned (if a bit more sudden than anticipated!) because OH and I are in a good place in our lives to support a kid and both want children badly enough to sacrifice the "party" days my dad feels like he missed in his late 20s (my folks had me when he was 26...thanks, dad)...largely because we've outgrown our "party" stage, lol. I am disabled to the point where I can only work enough to barely cancel out childcare, so career stuff isn't super vital at the moment on my end. Those considerations are way more important in my mind than what various people who won't be raising my kid think about me having a kid right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->