Age cut off? When is 40 FORTY

Honeyblossom

Reaction score
Can anyone help. Immreally confused about the age cut off for nhs treatment. Ive been refered to barts today. Im 39 and 4 months of age. Some threads say the funding cut off is that you have to be on the list for treatment by 40 and other people have had the experience that they had to be under 40 on the day of treatment. Confused and very very worried. Dh is obsessed with debt ( Immean ,not getting into it) we dont even have a credit card. I dont think I could convince him to take out a huge loan to pay for ivf.even if we could afford to pay it back( we probably couldnt) . apadently the waiting time til first appointment at barts is 5 months which would make me 3 months shy of 40. Oh shite ( can anyone shed any light on this pleeeeze. Dust to all x:nope:

I think different NHS trusts are different (in different areas) - try googling nhs ivf for your NHS trust area? From what I remember, our GP said that in our area so long as you're under 40 when you're referred they will treat you round here, but I could be wrong (that's Norfolk) - his concern was that we would have to have been trying for a year before I turned 40 for him to refer us, so I think that must be right. But check what your area says. But I would think if your GP has referred you it would presumably mean that you have made it within the age limit, otherwise he wouldn't have done, would he...?

(By the way it turned out we didn't need it and got pregnant naturally - same thing might well happen to you xx)
xx

The post above is right, hun! Im in Glasgow and here the cut off is literally, as my GP told me, 37 and 364 days. As long as you get a referral before the cutoff you'll be fine, provided you are not older than your PCT's (primary care trust) cut off age!

PTC's all differ not only in cutoffs but the service provided AND waiting lists. Seing as you've already been referred you are in the system so to speak and have nothing to worry about. Good luck!

:hug:

phone up PALS (patient advisory and liason service) of the hospital you have been referred to and they will find out exactly for you.

ask for PALS via the switchboard number

Like the ladies above say, it all depends on the hospital and PCT

good luck
xxx

yup second what everyone says. each pct has its own budgets for all services and how they spend them plus criteria ie cut off dates for ivf and other things. The 151 pcts are actually being abolished over the next couple of years and they need to merge into a much smaller number so things may not remain as they are now for much longer. There's a lot of splitting of pcts and community health organisations going on at the minute and pcts merging with hospitals (or vertical integration) as they are calling it. There is a deadline of 31st March for some of this work so I'd advise anyone on the brink to get in now before things change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->