Age for first cinema trip?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
My son loves cars, and sits totally engrossed watching it, was saying to OH that we should take him to see the new one, but he says a child needs to be at least 5 before they are old enough for the cinema. I hadnt really thought about it, i mean he would be too small to sit by himself, so i guess it would be a bit silly.

How old do you think?

I think it totally depends on the kid. Is he quiet in general? Plus if he's interested in it he's more likely to sit through it :)

Your thread reminds me of my first time...I was 7 and it was A Bug's Life with a big tub of popcorn between us :cloud9:

I took Amy to the pictures for the first time this year and she is 3. She sits through a movie better at the cinema than she does at home. :) Say it depends on the child. If I think back to her being 18 months old, I don't think she would have had the attention span then, but . . . he may really like it?

thanks ladies, im thinking he is too young, would have been nice to take him before the twins arrived but perhaps its will be an opportunity for some daddy son time or mummy son time later on! :D

Depends on the LO I guess but Elena's been going to the cinema since she turned three and she loves it. She's less fidgety than she would be watching a DVD and she loves the idea of getting popcorn and choosing a seat..
I'm sure he'll be fine :flower:

Do they have a kids showing? My lo Is 18 months and were going to take him to tge kids cinema as it won't matter if hrs nosiey x

Decs first time was just before he turned 3 and he loved it. We go to a kids club on a Sunday and there is children as young as newborn that go, so if he does get bored he can get up and have a little walk around :)

Ive taken amelie to a few kids AM things and its a hit and a miss. Maybe take him to one and see how he is? Its only £1 each lol.

Xander went at 4 years old and loved it although their attention spans are pushed to the limits with it all sometimes lol.

Odeon do those mother and baby screenings you could see when they are showing it.

I would definitely practice before going. Our 4 year old is a little skittish and gets scared when watching Toy Story. Or course, we've taken her to see movies we've watched at home at the cinema near us that only shows old films, like Mary Poppins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->