Age worries???

bebe

Reaction score
Ok, so I am 36, 37 in December and from everything i read am on the downhill slope with regard to fertility. Does that mean it will take longer?? Argh I am so impatient with all of this and its only my 2nd month ttc. What do you all think am I past it? Should I be scrapped by my DH for a younger model? What do you all think?
Perhaps I am just short of PMA today, or perhaps worried that I missed the boat this time as we only BD the day I got my +OPK and the day after O (assuming O was the day after +OPK)

All I can offer is that my sister was 36 when she first started trying, and she went on to have 3, the last one was when she was 41, so NO I do not think your past it.

As for me I am 31 so I still see myself as quite young, however all the stats say otherwise.

If your healthy and happy I think thats the main thing.

Good luck to you :hugs:

Bebe, it doesn't necessarily mean it will take longer. 2 of my cousins conceived at ages 36, and 37 (one with her 3rd, the other with her 1st) and it didn't take either of them very long to conceive. I think it depends on the person. Best of luck to you! :hug:

I am 36 TTC No1 and there are others on here older - so you are not alone! xx

Thanks, just feeling a bit negative today as everyone else seems to be getting symptoms early after o not me sadly it definitely helps being able to talk on here.

Ok, so I am 36, 37 in December and from everything i read am on the downhill slope with regard to fertility. Does that mean it will take longer?? Argh I am so impatient with all of this and its only my 2nd month ttc. What do you all think am I past it? Should I be scrapped by my DH for a younger model? What do you all think?
Perhaps I am just short of PMA today, or perhaps worried that I missed the boat this time as we only BD the day I got my +OPK and the day after O (assuming O was the day after +OPK)

I am 37. Got my first :bfp: in early June. First month trying! Using preseed and OPKs. Sadly I miscarried naturally in mid-July.

This past month was our first time TTC after the m/c...and again, we got a :bfp: the first cycle really trying! There was one month in-between, but we only did it once during the fertile time as I was on a business trip the other days. Again, preseed and OPKs. I'm a believer!

They say age plays a factor in it, but there are definitely tools out there to assist! If you have any concerns, I'd try everything like we did :happydance:

i am 33 ...ttc for 11 month ...but my hairdresser told me yesterday she just had a little boy and she 38 ...pregnancy not expected so i don't really know if she had try ...how long it will have being for her...

well a woman who gary works with had her first at 41 ! she had a mc at 38 and decided she defo did wona be a mum...she charted,did opk and evetually got pg...shes a gorgeous girl :)

I've known many women from 35-45 that have had no trouble getting pregnant, happened to many of them on the 1st try (damn them, hahahaha, JK I've been one of them before)

I'm 36 (25 when we concieved) and we got a BFP the first month! So I don't think your too old. I think there are a LOT of other factors.

Well I had my 1st child at 31.......:bfp: at 42 although m/c in August...now TTC again n really hoping for :bfp: again!

Thanks to all of you for helping me calm my fears! What would I do without you all!!:hug:

Hi hun

Put that thought right out of your mind. I am 37 and ttc #2. You just need an injection of PMA and you will get that by the bucket load off the ladies on this site.

Good luck

:hug:

Hi,

Try not to worry about your age.... Easier said than done I know. I am 34 and have been TTC my first for 2 years now. My SIL had her first baby at 42 so there is hope for all of us in our 30's and 40's. It doesn't help with all the media and people who tell you your biological clock is ticking etc. .... blah blah .............PMA that's what it's all about. Best of luck hun :hugs::hugs:

When I first started thinking about TTC I went through the same thing as the so-called facts seemed bleak, I feel positive we can do this, plenty of other women do, so now I don't think about it :)

Hello,i am 37(38 in dec).
we have been trying to conceive number 5 since jan this year!
i have had 3 chemical m/c,so i'm hoping that things are still hopeful for me,i just dont seem to be getting the little beans to stick!
but i keep trying!
not bothering with any preseed and charting or anything else,if its meant to be................:hugs:

I am 34 and got pregnant when 33 but unfortunately mc. Been trying ever since.

Sometimes I look up 'old' celebrities on wikipedia and see how old their kids are to remind me its possible!!! Like Davina McCall was 33, 36 and 39 or something like that, when she had her kids.

I got a bit down after the 'channel 4 sex education' show which basically said we were all too old - but I've recovered a bit of PMA since then - as theres just too many examples around that it isnt impossible!

I am 42 and we are trying for our first! Hope I haven't left it too late but hadn't met the right person before! My younger sis had her baby at 40, so I'm hoping I get as lucky.

A friend of mine got preg with her first at 40...by accident (grr!).

Buckets of PMA being sent your way :hug:

Hey I am 26 and they are telling me that i am already classed as a geriatric (cant spell??) in terms of pregnancy so i wouldnt worry about it too much. I too know plenty of people who had kids 30 and even 40+ i think my auntie was 41 when she had my cousin who starts high school in september so i think the less you worry the less stressful and more likely you are to conceive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->