Agnus Castus - WTH is happening?? Pls help

Fooled_Heart

Mummy to an angel
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Its been ages since I've been on here...

I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm a newbie when it comes to AC!!

I have had really long irregular cycles since my mmc in 2010 ranging from 32 days to 60+ days!! I did a little bit of research on here and google as we all do lol:blush: and come across AC. I bought some from Holland and Barratt and started taking them mid way through my last cycle (1600mg) and AF came on CD32!!! Think that's happened once since my mmc. Here's when things get a bit confusing/worrying... sorry if tmi...

CD5 - EWCM, cervix high and medium texture and neg OPK
CD6 - EWCM, cervix SHOW opks ran out grrr...
CD7 - EWCM, cervix SHOW with little bit of blood and pos OPK (yay for superdrugs lol)
Then we jump to...
CD12 - CD14 (today) pink CM, cervix high closed.

What do you think is going on?? Has AC messed up my cycles even more then they already are? :cry: Did I really ov on cd7/8???

Please help me ladies I'm driving myself nuts worrying :flow: xxxx

p.s excuse the sig need to update it as I no longer have reg cycles!

You very well could have O'd on CD7/8 and now could be having implantation bleeding. It's hard to say for sure. Temping is the only way to 100% confirm ovulation. I am taking AC as well....not sure what its doing for me but I have been spotting/light bleeding for 9 days now! Getting a little frustrated!

Thanks for replying hun!! I hope I did ov on cd7 and this is IB!!! If so I'll be head spokesperson for AC lol. I'm going to start temping on my next cycle if I don't get a bfp because all the uncertainty is really getting to me.
9 days??? Is that including ur AF? Hopefully someone else will come along and help both of us!! Maybe it's just our bodies trying to get back to normal xx

Yes hun please do start temping as your first few cycles on AC will be wacky ones as your body regulates. I had all kinds of mid cycle bleeding a first and had long suffered from fibroids and cyst. During a scan after a few cycles on AC my cyst were gone and all but 3 small fibroids! I know that some of them burst along the journey as my hormones were evening out and for me that was part of my bleeding outside of AF. Because I was charting I was able to also know that I was having ovulation spotting as well which is an excellent sign and sounds like what may have happened to you. Good luck and very much hoping to see you in first trimester and will look for an update!

Yes hun please do start temping as your first few cycles on AC will be wacky ones as your body regulates. I had all kinds of mid cycle bleeding a first and had long suffered from fibroids and cyst. During a scan after a few cycles on AC my cyst were gone and all but 3 small fibroids! I know that some of them burst along the journey as my hormones were evening out and for me that was part of my bleeding outside of AF. Because I was charting I was able to also know that I was having ovulation spotting as well which is an excellent sign and sounds like what may have happened to you. Good luck and very much hoping to see you in first trimester and will look for an update!

Thanks for replying hun! I did used to temp but took a break ttc as I was getting really disheartened over the constant bfn's... boo!! Wow it sounds like AC did wonders for you - will def have to stick with it. Ouch to the bursting but I can see it all paid off!! Congrats on your bfp!!! Wishing you a h&h pregnancy :flow: Will make sure I update even if the witch with a capital B gets me xxx

It could be that you ovulated early. I wish it had done that for me. I started taking it a few years back and it gradually reduced my cycle length over a number of months. I went from 60+ day cycles down to 30-32 days cycles. Fingers crossed that the later pink CM you were getting was implantation x

I thought I was having IB on AC, but it ended up just being an odd period :( I googled it and it seems sometimes higher doses of AC can cause weird bleeding. doesnt mess with your cycles or anything, but just odd bleeding (for some people ) I was also on 1600mg a day from holland and baretts. it seems thats a pretty big dose of it, and most people dont take more than about 1200mg,so I cut it in half for this cycle and am now on 800mg per day.
cant say if its made a difference, since im only on cd16 and I dont temp or take opks, but we'll see!

hope it is actually IB for you!

Thanks for replying hun!! I hope it was early ov - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed lol. Wow that's really good - 60days to 30days!!! Hope it does that for me too xx

I thought I was having IB on AC, but it ended up just being an odd period :( I googled it and it seems sometimes higher doses of AC can cause weird bleeding. doesnt mess with your cycles or anything, but just odd bleeding (for some people ) I was also on 1600mg a day from holland and baretts. it seems thats a pretty big dose of it, and most people dont take more than about 1200mg,so I cut it in half for this cycle and am now on 800mg per day.
cant say if its made a difference, since im only on cd16 and I dont temp or take opks, but we'll see!

hope it is actually IB for you!
Thanks for replying hun!

I thought the dose seemed really high as well - might have to try reduce it down next cycle and see how I get on. The tablets are huuuuge! I had a look on google as well and there are quite a few ladies saying it caused bleeding throughout their cycles so hopefully its not that! Xxx

Hi ladies,

I have had really long irregular cycles since my mmc in 2010 ranging from 32 days to 60+ days!! I did a little bit of research on here and google as we all do lol:blush: and come across AC. I bought some from Holland and Barratt and started taking them mid way through my last cycle (1600mg) and AF came on CD32!!! Think that's happened once since my mmc. Here's when things get a bit confusing/worrying... sorry if tmi...

CD7 - EWCM, cervix SHOW with little bit of blood and pos OPK (yay for superdrugs lol)
Then we jump to...

What do you think is going on?? Has AC messed up my cycles even more then they already are? :cry: Did I really ov on cd7/8???

It kinda sounds normal - I have all the signs of O about 5-7 days before I actually O.

Agnus Castus/Vitex helps your body produce progesterone. If you aren't having a problem with that, it might not be as helpful. Or, maybe you should only take it after confirmed O.

I only took 1 per day (instead of 2) and my dr just told me to stop altogether since I am doing the progestorone cream as well.

Hi ladies,

Then we jump to...

It kinda sounds normal - I have all the signs of O about 5-7 days before I actually O.

Agnus Castus/Vitex helps your body produce progesterone. If you aren't having a problem with that, it might not be as helpful. Or, maybe you should only take it after confirmed O.

I only took 1 per day (instead of 2) and my dr just told me to stop altogether since I am doing the progestorone cream as well.

Thanks for replying hun!
Do you normally get postive opks as well as ewcm near cd7? The earliest i have ovd after my mmc was cd18 so I'd be happy with cd12/14 :happydance: I'm just trying AC to help regulate my cycles as I've read it has helped alot of ladies - seems to have worked last cycle as it was only 32 days!!

Just a quick update: no pink cm from late last night and no sign of it today either!

Just a quick update: no pink cm from late last night and no sign of it today either!

Yay awesome update! I am very hopeful for you and even if the witch crashes the party the AC is obviously having an impact already! Btw AC is an adrenal axis regulator and doesn't only help with balancing progesterone but helps your body perfectly regulate ALL your hormones to slightly correct a previous poster. I found I still needed progesterone supplements to get my sticky bean as AC helped my progesterone deficiency some but I needed extra help. When I got my bfp my RE had me continue to take Vitex and progesterone through the first trimester.

There's a lot of misinformation out there with some people saying it mimics hormones and others under the impression it increases one more than another. It encourages the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, and thyroid to regulate themselves and produce just the correct amount of estrogen and lh for ovulation and post O hormones (progesterone) to support pregnancy and also lessen the effect of a bad AF which is often due to hormonal imbalance. I am attaching a link in case you haven't seen it already in your searches that explains it a bit more. I will stalk your chart and good luck!

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/vitex.html

Hi pandi! I hope its a good sign but either way I'll be really happy as my cycles are just so irregular that ttc is harder work then it should be (no pun intended haha). Thanks for the info you've been such a great help. That website is awesome - thanks hun!!! *big hugs* xxxxx

I'm glad you are regulating! It can take awhile. I know it's hard to be patient! :)

I'm glad you are regulating! It can take awhile. I know it's hard to be patient! :)

Urgh tell me about it!! I find it hard waiting for a bus let alone for my cycles to regulate lol xx

Just a quick update! Unfortunately AF came today but that means I did ov on cd7/8! I ran out of opks on cd6 and have a feeling that on that day the opk would have been positive as I normally get two days of positive opks. So since using AC I've had a 36 day cycle and now a 21 day cycle - seems to be reducing the length of my cycles really quickly as my longest (a few months back was 60+ days!). How much AC do you think I should take this cycle? Have been taking 1600mg as per the instructions but would prefer to have a slightly longer cycle then the last one.

I was taking 500 mg (Gaia herbs vitex - also has 3mg "validated full spectrum profile) just once per day (they recommend two). It seemed to help...I went off it mid cycle this month and my cycle was 23 instead of 26 days...not sure if it was the vitex (or no vitex lol). 1600 mg seems like a lot? 36 days to 21 is a huge difference... How do you feel about it?

I thought it seemed like alot as well - think I might cut it in half this cycle and see how I get on. I was really surprised!! Both cycles are better then 60+ days!! I'm really happy my cycle length is decreasing but can't help but think a cycle a bit longer then 21 days would be better so I can dtd more times lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->