Agnus Castus

KirstyE02

Reaction score
Hi, I have pcos and irregular periods. I missed last months and I'm not pregnant so I'm hoping I get it this month.
I've been doing some reading this evening and have decided I would like to start taking Agnus Castus but I have read that places like Boots and Holland and Barrett ones wont work as the dosage is too low?
Does anyone know if that is true?
Also if anyone has anything to say about Agnus Castus I would be grateful :thumbup:

I tried taking Fertilitea that has agnus cactus (aka vitex) in it after a mc (my cycles went wonky), and it worked for me! ;) I'd give it a try! I hope you get your BFP soon!

I have bought some on ebay, from googling holland and barrets are too weak, the ones I bought are 1000mg and I think Ill take 2 a day. I had my coil removed in October and have only had 2 periods since. Im now cd33, but not sure when to start taking them as no idea when my body is going to decide to let my period arrive!

Anyone else taken these and did you stop at ovulation or continue taking them after ovulation?

I am a big fan of AC and get mine on Amazon. I have checked and Amazon UK carries the same brand for a great price (Nature's Way). I took two 400 mg capsules to get my cycle straightened out years ago because my cycles were not only irregular but once I started temping I saw that I wasn't actually even ovulating but having breakthrough bleeding :-(

My first month taking it (I started on first day of AF and took it everyday thereafter) I had mid cycle spotting and thought what was up? I checked my chart and sure enough I ovulated and it was ovulation spotting which is an excellent fertility sign! Fast forward I finally fell pregnant and although it was ectopic my next pregnancy was in the right place and I have DD now. On a side note the terrible endometriosis and cycle issues I had all went away after taking AC.

I am no spring chicken (39 in a couple of weeks) and really wanted to get pregnant again after Scarlett was born and even though I'm still BF I'd had my cycles back for 10 months and was getting sad that it wasn't happening. I kicked up my AC to 3 pills a day and guess what? I got ovulation spotting again this last cycle and then fell pregnant. I'm only 4+4 right now but so far so god and my hats off to AC again. It may not work for everyone and for most who do have success it takes a few cycles to work but I think it's a great fertility tool. Actually I think with the inundation of hormones in our foods and cosmetics these days having something that naturally balances your hormones instead of pumping us up with additional hormones (fertility drugs) to get pregnant is a healthier long term option. Some gals have to do what they have to do and I understand but if it can be done naturally it's win win imho.

Good luck and message me if you have any questions. I think I've tried everything lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->