ahh help re washing

pa2k84

Mummy to Lucas Richard
Reaction score
Have been using my nappies since Lucas was 6 days old with no probs now they seem to be leaking :cry:

I wash them with 1/4 detergant (persil non-bio) and a tbsp of the pure nappy cleaner https://www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk...y-accessories/onelife-pure-nappy-cleaner.html on a 40 wash

In the 3 weeks they have been washed a fair few times but seems over last 4 days getting leaks. Mainly using bumgenius (which seem to be holding better than others to be fair), naughty baby (i know are a cheap make but were not leaking before), dream dri pop ins and my beloved rumparooz which seem to be the worst :cry::cry:

Does anyone have any suggestions of what i can try? I make sure they are on tight with no gapes in the legs or round the waist so no idea where they are leaking from but clothes wet if left for more than 2 hours (was going 3-4 hours few weeks back with no leaks)

Have you done a strip wash? That may help?

Going to sound silly but how do i do that!? :blush:

Everyone does it differently but i put all my nappies (and inserts) in the machine put a full load of washing powder/liquid in and wash on a 60. I then rinse and spin maybe 3/4 times until theres no more bubbles and then dry.

excellent will give it a go once have all nappies to wash can live with him in sposies for 1 day. Hope it works really don't want to part with my rumparooz (they seem to be the worst)

They dont all have to be dirty hun! What I do myself is put him in a night nappy then wash every nappy/insert i have and do the rinses then put out to dry before i go to bed and most of the time they are dry by morning! Or you could put him in sposie for the night?

It all depends on your routine. Im lucky logan goes bed 7/8 so i have all eve to do it as i dont go bed till 12 anyway. :D

he wears a sposie for bed atm anyway. I did not think they all had to be dirty but figured they may as well be going to be washing extra hot and extra rinses may as well make it worthwile :haha:

HAHAHAHA i do them clean myself but its all down to preference hun! It depends how many nappies you have tbh if i waited for all mine to be dirty it might be a week and i wouldnt want week old nappies in my bucket!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->