• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ahhhhhh!

Genevevex

Reaction score
I am crazy constipated!! Like, this is day four of not being able to go. I feel like I'm going to burst, and yet nothing is coming out!!

I took a stool softener last night. While I'm in a lot of pain and cramping, still nothing! Nothing! OMG!

I called the Dr. this morning and they said to take another dose and if I haven't gone by this evening to call them back. Ug!

Meanwhile now I am at work, without the medicine... had to call my brother to come pick me up, and it will be two hours till I get back to the house to even TAKE the medicine...

I think I'm going to throw up. :cry:

Omg thats the worst! I actually have to go, but (I must warn you this is total tmi) its so big that it wont come out! I literally had to intervene to relieve some of the pressure and pain! I havent taken any stool softners, but I have take prune juice which doesnt help....hope you feel better soo !

Milk of magnesia or Castor oil. Both are recommended during Pregnancy. And both are equally as terrible to choke down, but ya gotta do what you gotta do I suppose. Hope you get relief soon!

Are you drinking plenty of water? Sounds silly, but I've been so dehydrated lately and I'm dealing with the same problem.

Well...if you REALLY need to bring out the big guns- several dried apricots. WARNING* this is NO JOKE. It wouldn't be my 1st choice, but if you're really miserable and nothing is working...it WILL work. And, stay close to home...

So, here's a nice TMI update. I finally got relief around 6:30 that evening. I had taken another dose of stool softener around 11 that morning after getting home from work. I ate half a grapefruit for lunch, and had veggies for dinner.

After dinner, I closeted myself in the bathroom. It was to the point where I put a towel on the floor, crouched down, and finally managed to go onto the towel before moving back to the toilet. Sweet, painful, relief. A bit of a mess to clean up afterward, but it was worth it.

Since then, I have been VERY careful about my diet. Eating lots of veggies. Barely any cheese or milk products at all. Another half of grapefruit. Nuts, etc. Been trying my best to drink plenty. Guess what? I haven't gone since that painful Friday. I took another stool softener yesterday and woke up last night cramping, but nothing to show for it. Going on day four again. This is SO frustrating. I feel like I'm doing everything right, and it's just not working. And more frustrating, because I feel like I can't eat half of what I WANT to eat because of it (and doesn't make me nauseous besides). Yet it's not even helping by changing my diet. Ug.

Should I just start taking Metamucil each morning? Do you guys think that will help?

I take a magnesium supplement every day. I started taking it after my last baby when I was so severely constipated that I was straining so hard, I started having vision issues. Mag is incredibly important to digestive function, and pg and childbirth tends to deplete it. I would encourage u to go to a health food store and get a high quality one. At one point I was taking 3 -250mg a day, but I would start with 1-2. And always check with ur dr. Mine has never had any issue with me taking it, but it's always good to keep them informed. I think at one point I went 6-7 days without going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->