Aisprin question

1wantbaby3

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i just got my bfp this morning and after 4 mc, i am holding back the excitement.
After my last mc, me and my husband had tests done to see if anything was 'wrong' but all tests came back fine. (we have 2 daughters so i know i can carry full term)
The hospital advised me to take aspirin if i fell pregnant again so my question is , what aspirin did you take? was it prescribed? can you buy baby aisprin in stores? also when did you start taking it. My miscarriages all happen around 7-8 weeks so should i begin taking it now? my af isnt due until sunday so i am still very very early but you can never be to prepared

thanks ladies xxx

Yes, you can buy it in the stores. I took a chewable 81 mg tablet once a day from my bfp to 12 weeks.

Just make sure to stop it by 3rd tri as it can be dangerous then.

75mg bought over the counter from day of bfp

thanks ladies, so worried il buy the wrong one waiting to call the doctor and see what they recommend (im in the uk so packaging etc my be different)

I'm in the UK too, it doesnt really matter what brand so long as it's the 75mg dose. It's less that £1 for a pack. You might also want to ask the gp for higher dose did acid which is prescription only.

thank you, i rang the hospital as they have all my notes and waiting for the gp to call to prescribe the aisprin. i have a couple of packs of 75mg aispirin in the cupboard that i bought after i had my tests done after my last loss, so once i see what they give me im happy to buy them after that x

I have also started taking aspirin in last few days too for recurrent mc! I have 3 ds and my last pregnancy I took progesterone and aspirin and thankfully all was well. Hoping for same success this time but still can't help feeling the dread set in. Fingers crossed for you xx

I just take 75mg enteric coated tablets! They are available over the counter in shops and pharmacies.

I took aspirin 75mg with my dd from bfp till birth, loraloo mentioned high dose of folic acid which i also took and still taking, it can be prescribed by your consultant though, my gp wouldn't do it. Good luck. xx

Thanks everyone... i started aisprin yesterday and have a consultant appoint on the 18th where they will scan me. Filled full of nerves/fear and dread.... hate going to the loo for fear of blood. Hate this.... praying to get past the first tri already x

Thanks everyone... i started aisprin yesterday and have a consultant appoint on the 18th where they will scan me. Filled full of nerves/fear and dread.... hate going to the loo for fear of blood. Hate this.... praying to get past the first tri already x

I was put on progesterone pessaries too, have they put you on them?? Might worth a mention if they haven't

IsaacRalph.... originally my consultant wrote in my notes to start aispirin and progesterone straight away if i got pregnant again.... but another consultant has now said there is no 100% proof it makes any difference.... so im a bit confused now.

Tell the second consultant that you want to follow the first consultant's directions and he needs to get off his @ss and get you that progesterone prescription. If you have low progesterone (and they didn't test, so you wouldn't know) that can contribute to early losses. Whether or not there's 100% proof that it helps (and OMG, where did he go to med school that he wants 100% proof, that twit) it doesn't hurt to be on it. Your body will excrete what it doesn't use.

I've taken 81 mg over-the-counter aspirin with all but my first pregnancy, all until 12 weeks, but I was also on a huge dose of estrogen (which can cause blood clots) and progesterone because they were IVF pregnancies, so personal experience says that any low dose, the 75 or 81, should be fine.

Progesterone is used to help provide more nutrition for growing embyro as it helps with the lining of the womb and also apparently helps mothers immune system accept growing embyro. I would defo ask for it and like chellesama said there is no harm done by takimg it and has been well documented to help with women who have had recurrent miscarriage despite not being low of progesterone. Get on that phone they can easily right out a script . Good luck x

Thanks ladies im going to ring the consultant first thing tomorrow... ive been unsettled since he said that as ive heard and read about so many ladies having successfully pregnancies after losses taking it. If it isnt going to coz any harm then why not let me try? How many weeks were you when you started it? X

Thanks ladies im going to ring the consultant first thing tomorrow... ive been unsettled since he said that as ive heard and read about so many ladies having successfully pregnancies after losses taking it. If it isnt going to coz any harm then why not let me try? How many weeks were you when you started it? X

I started it with my last pregnancy as soon as I got my bfp and again with this one! As they knew I was trying they gave me a script beforehand as it is there for when and if I got a bfp. Literally nothing is 100% neither is taking apsirin but some women have managed to have successful pregnancies with either or when used together. You should defo call tomoz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->