Alcohol and Cigs.....

mrsholmes

Reaction score
Just wondering if people ae giving these up straight away? doing it in moderation or carrying on as normall?!

ive given up (alcohol).......was suppose to go out tonight but am not going at all now as dont fancy being the only sober one:muaha:

I've given up alcohol because of the higher incidence of miscarriage if you carry on drinking. Once that danger has passed I shall have the occasional one. Don't smoke which is good because passing by people in the street right now who are smoking makes me want to puke!!

Given up alcohol complately, its really not worth the risk, and I dont smoke anyway.

I don't drink but I did smoke. Got my 2 lines on my test and gave it up right then and there. I gave my bf the rest of my pack and haven't had one since. I always told DH I had to get preggers to give it up!! I don't crave them anymore and when my bf comes over smelling like smoke it kinda makes me gag. I'm really hoping this is it for me and that nasty habit and that I don't ever go back to it!!

Dee-H - that is great - fantastic willpower - really pleased for you. Maybe you can persuade your OH to give up too now!!!

I know it makes me sick to! last week my OH went out to 'celebrate' and he was really smelling the next morning of stale alcohol not nice!

I dont smoke and havent drank since ttc

I gave up both, cant wait to get out to have a vino at some point but i certainly havent craved one until now due to the fact i know the reason i cannot have one is bcoz i have such a lovely little bundle of joy on the way. i did a really really strict diet b4 getting pregnant and lost 6 stone, didnt drink at all for approx 6 1/2 months, so i havent really found it very hard to go out and be the only sober one, but believe me, you find out, just houw annoying drunk ppl are lol!! its a funny eye opener. try it. i now drink non alcoholic pear cider, gorgeous!! bring it on tho, next couple of weeks i will be able to drink my first glass of vino again! :)
good luck

xxxxx

i stopped drinking straight away as i only ever drink to get drunk anyway, im not one of these that like the odd class of wine etc...
as for smoking i only smoked socially before, but i did have the odd one or two while away on hols but i havnt since!!

Well done for giving up your guys!

I never smoked or drank(well I had one every special occasion if I couldnt get out of driving) before getting pregnant.

My Dad and stepmum smoke but never when I am there and always outside the house.....my mother in law on the other hand is a law unto herself!! I have told OH I wont be visiting as often as she lights up infront of me saying she didnt realise then stands in the doorway smoking...like that makes a difference!

My friends smoke too but they have all been great aboutstanding away and down wind too:rofl:

Emma.xx

Ohhhh non alcoholic pear Cider- where do you buy that from? I remember trying Non-alcoholic wine when pregnant with my first (shes 8 now) it got poured down the sink it was hideous!

i haven't had any alcohol since finding out i was pg - and the thought of it is making me want to be sick!! but i would have the odd glass if that calmed down. It hasn't bothered me so far either. I gave up smoking as soon as i got my :bfp: and like Dee am hoping i don't go back to it. Fingers crossed. :hug:

I have never smoked and stopped drinking when started ttc, i would not touch a drop of alcohol in pregnancy, its not worth all the risks like feotal alcohol syndrome etc......i just think its easy for 9 months of my life to be selfless thats just my own opinion :) x

Paula, I have to agree. With my last daughter, I had an odd glass of wine on special occassions. When we lost her suddenly, at 5 days old, I blamed myself (turned out nothing to do with that). I could never put myself through that again.

Ohhhh non alcoholic pear Cider- where do you buy that from? I remember trying Non-alcoholic wine when pregnant with my first (shes 8 now) it got poured down the sink it was hideous!

Kopparberg Non Alcoholic Pear Cider from Tescos. It is so nice. very sweet. but i take it to parties with me and that. Give it a try.
xxx:happydance:

I'm really looking forward to going out this weekend with my friends, they'll be drinking and I'll be sitting there with this little secret that they don't know...it'll be exciting! I used to smoke....years ago...so I'm very happy I gave it up then and didn't have to worry about that now.
Congrats Dee_H...you must be proud of yourself....but it's soooo worth it!!

I gave up alcohol straightaway but I just can't give up smoking :(

I've been trying so hard but I really can't do it :( I tried with fresh start but I smoked too much for the nicotine replacement stuff to work. I have cut down from 40 a day to less than 20 though. And I'm going to try the nicotine replacement stuff again soon. I don't really have that much encouragment as my bf smokes, my mum smokes (and did while she was pregnant with me) and my carer has 5 kids and smoked all the way through... not that that makes it okay, but I think not having pressure to stop is making it difficult.

Although last time I saw my pyschiatrist he pointed to my cigarettes and said "what's these, you shouldn't be smoking." That just stressed me out :(

Anyone know a magic cure? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"