* Alex Richard Greaves * 26/03/09 *

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
Sorry its taken so long to write up my birth story but I hope you dont mind me sharing the birth of my gorgeous baby boy, Alex Richard Greaves.

Waters Broken: 4.37 pm
Epidural: 10 pm ish
Baby Arrived: 4.02 am

Name: Alex Richard Greaves
Weight: 6lb 15oz
Length:50.5 cm (long little monkey)

On Wednesday 25th March 2009 I went for my routine midwife appointment (38 weeks) and my bp was high, up to /96. It was picked up that there was +2 protein in my urine so off I toddle to the hospital to be monitored.

I was hooked up to the machine to trace babies heartrate, (id been on the machine 3 weeks prior to that day as babys movements were reduced) and Id noticed that the trace wasnt 'normal' and when I say normal, his heartrate was quite irratic at 80bpm then dropped pretty low, his heartrate was normally around 155. They didnt say they were worried but I knew it was different to the last time. They did my blood pressure which by then was up to /100 and did more urine samples. I asked to go for a walk while we waited for a doctor but I wasnt allowed out cause they suspected it was Pre-Eclampsia :(

When the doctor finally come he admitted me right away. The midwife gave me a sweep (I didnt know this at the time I thought she was just 'checking me out' haha.) She was surprised it didnt hurt me but it probs would have hurt if I knew she was giving me a sweep lol. She said I was 2 cm dilated I was shocked. The doctor came and spoke to me about pre-eclampsia and told me the dangers of it ...great!! and that my placenta was failing my baby. He said they would keep me in over night and monitor my bp every 4 hours. Id been on the ward for 15 minutes max and a midwife came and got me saying 'dont get too comfy your going to labour ward to be induced' hang on... I couldnt possibly have my baby yet I hadnt even packed my hospital bag...Id only come to the hospital to be monitored :dohh:

My waters were broke at 4.37 pm and my contractions started randomly and I couldnt feel them. I was put on a drip to increase the intensity and regulate them and I was getting some really good contractions but couldnt feel them :blush: I knew when i was getting them as the midwife would look at me as if to say can you feel that one?? She said if I wasnt feeling any pain nothing was happening :cry: They also put a clip on babys head to monitor him more closely!

I was advised to have an epidural as my bp was up to /115 (machine going off every 15 mins grrr) and as my pain intensed my bp would go up and babys heartrate would get even more irratic and I didnt want a c-section. It took them a couple of hours to persuade me but i finally agreed!! I had the epidural fitted then was checked, I was just 3 cms now!! I fell asleep and was woken by them turning me onto my left side and putting oxygen on me (still dont know why) once I was ok, they checked me again and i was 10cms :happydance: she gave me 40 mins for the head to descend and then they had me pushing!! Baby just wasnt having any of it (I know he just wasnt ready to come out) so they cut me and tried the vontouse (sp) which didnt work it just kept coming off his head. So they went for the forceps which finally worked and out popped my baby boy :cloud9:

He had the cord wrapped round his neck and wasnt crying so they cut the cord quick and took him away, he was returned about 5 minutes later and just stared into my eyes :cloud9:

It took us about 4 hours to finally name him, I couldnt decide so his dad named him :) I chose his middle name ... Richard... his dads name... very original lol!!

Heres some pictures of my gorgeous baby boy :cloud9:

baby alex.jpg100_1517.jpgPhoto0070.jpgPhoto0043.jpgBaby Alex Greaves.jpg

Crazy, so it was mostly a pain free delivery? Hope you guys are doing great. Congrats.

What a beautiful story hayley had tears in my eyes.
I bet Alex is so proud of his mummy. x

He's proud of you hun x We're al proud of you and OH, strong people x

What a beautiful boy! I'm so glad you shared your birth story with us!:hug:

beautiful story honey, many congratulations on your beautiful son, you are always in my thoughts :hugs: x x

Fab story hun. Little alex can look down over you and be so proud. X

Congratulations honey, thankyou for sharing that with us, Baby alex is looking down on his mummy and daddy feeling very proud.

You are so strong to be able to share this with us all ...R*I*P Alex sleep well little man

what a beautiful perfect little boy, sleep tight wee man :cry::hugs: xx

Such a beautifull boy. You must be so proud, as he is of you. You are so strong and I thank you for sharing your story.

R.I.P Gorgeous Little Alex :hugs:

Thanks for sharing hayley you are really brave

lil alex is gorgeous and must be so proud of his mummy xx

Thank You for sharing your story hun, you are exceptionally brave.
Sleep tight baby Alex xx

:hugs:

He is beautiful babe, I really do mean that. :hugs: I wish he was here with you :cry:

Thanks for sharing hun. Thinking of you, you and your OH are so so brave x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->