Alexander St.John Smith

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Well I was here on sat night in a bad temper moaning that I wasnt going to get the labour I wanted as I had my induction on monday and I really didnt want that again after last time.

So there I sat farting away all evening convinced as usual I was just a smelly s pregnant woman whos boyfriend was threatening to leave her if she farted one more time in the bedroom.

So I sat there convincing myself its wind, didnt want to get my hopes up. Decide to go to bed maybe lying down will relieve the wind. Till by that time I was in tears. Rant mat ward with thoughts of being sent home feeling stupid for wind. So Everytime I felt what I now know was a contraction I was still trying to talk myslef out of it. :haha::haha: So up to maternity ward I went.

Was examined and from the whole half hour I was there till end of exam and monitoring I had dramatically went right into labour! I was 2 cms and it was so sore! I heard of people not even knowing they where in labour at that yet I was in some amount of it.

My dad was with my as OH was looking after a sleeping William. Got changed into nighty and midwife said she would run me a bath and give me some gas.She said I had time. She didnt even get to do that! i was wrathing around in a bed in front of my dad with gas stuck to my head trying to phone darren as I needed him there he is my rock.

Was in the labour ward before he even got up! thats how fast it was all moving. I wasnt having any more time to fart thats for sure!

This stage I was begging for anything! pain relief. Waiting for epi but he was gone helping someone else and i was to far gone. Screaming the place down I was. Then Darren came in,. I think I near strangled him a few times with the pain as he was all I could hang on to and this time he stayed cool unlike the last birth. So from 12 am till just before 5 thats how long my labour was. By the end of cnaging positions pushing and near wreaking the place and every midwife I seen as I was in agony it ended up they had to give me a spinal. I took it! everyone was nice, even though they where trying to get me to stay still but in that amount of pain no one could. :cry: Delivery was by forceps no c section !woohoo! I beat induction! 12 days over due.

5.07am Alexander came into this world. I didnt get to be with him for a while as they where waiting for the after birth to be delivered and my OH had him. Also was being sick a lot from the meds. In total I was sick 7 times and filled bowls before getting to my ward. Not nice but i knew that would happen.

Very hard to get Alexander to latch as he was doped up, I didnt know what they gave me could do that. He hardly ate and couldn't get him to bf. I persevered at it. Was in tears over it and no one was about to help really as they said to give him time. He came around later on tyhat night and fed, though still fussy he has come on leaps since coming home. no Sleep last few days and tantum feeding with toddler is mighty hard!

my ass hurts :( :cry:

8lbs he is. so much for underweight baby like scan said. pleased I went naturally/

Attachments

• P291110_0047.jpg
    P291110_0047.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 105
Congrats honey. PleaseD you didn't have to go for induction.

he's cute :)

Xx

Well done df, he is gorgeous! :happydance:

Enjoyed reading your birth story. If I had to guess the November Sparkler that thought their contractions were trapped wind... :winkwink:

Congratulations he's gorgeous. Lovely name too.

Hope you're all doing well and William is enjoying being a big brother. X

Congratulations - he's lovely!

Well done for beating induction!

x

Awww big congratulations hun, he is gorgeous! :cloud9: x

Congratulations!!!

He is beautiful! I'm sorry you had such a painful labour :( but it's wonderful you beat induction and didn't need a C-sec. Take good care of yourself hun, you've done great!

Congratulations, and welcome to the world Alexander!:flower:

Congrats again from me and Ollie!! He is gorgeous! I enjoyed reading your birth story, glad you beat your induction, and no c-section!! xx

Congratulations hun! :hugs: Lovely name too :)

Huuuge congrats, he's absolutely beautiful! :cloud9: Such a relief you didn't have to have the induction but I'm sorry it was so painful. Very entertaining birth story though, your incessant farting had me chuckling away :haha:

Welcome to the world Alexander and well done mummy :hugs: Enjoy your boys, take care. xx

congrats he's beautiful! Congrats on your second little son. Hope the breastfeeding gets easier as time goes on. How does William feel about sharing mummys milk?

Congratulations again hun! You have one gorgeous family, and welcome Alexander! :)

Yaaay, fab birth story and what a beautiful, alert little boy already :cloud9:
Well done and huuuuuuge congrats xx

:hugs::kiss:

Congrats hunny :) I hope feeding is going better for you! Tandem feeding is so hard, I hope you are able to find the support you need for it.

And of course... great name choice :)!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->