Alicia?

Ganton

Reaction score
My hubby and I have been trying to think of names we both like, and have come up with Alicia. But, and this is a big but, it depends on the pronunciation.

It's be much appreciated if you could let me know how you would pronounce it (a-leesh-a or a-liss-ee-a). It would also be interesting to know what country you're from to see if that affects pronunciation.

Also, if you can think of other medium length names (boy or girl) that would be a good sibling combo with Benjamin, feel free to make suggestions.

Many thanks in advance.

I would probably say that as A-liss-ia. I would spell it Alisha the other way.

As suggestions what about...

Jessica
Macy
Madaline

Thomas
Joshua
William

Although on second thoughts, William may not be a good plan. You would probably get Bill and Ben references.

Didn't think of that......sorry :blush:

I would say a-liss-ia as well. I'm from the US if that helps any. I know over here it's usually said the other way around though. :nope:

its Spanish so would be pronounced al-ee-sha

changing the spelling 'may' help but may not, my name has 'isha' at the end and for a random couple of years everyone spelled it 'icia' even though its clearly not a Spanish name... it was very annoying (more so than mispronunciation)

Alyssia < Al-liss-ee-a should really be spelled more like this, like Alyssa but with an I sound added

I pronounce that spelling a-lease-ia

Alicia here is pronounced A-leesh-a.

Thanks for all your comments. When I first thought of the name I thought A-liss-ia, and I would spell A-leesh-a as Alisha. At least this thread has confirmed my suspicions that there are likely to be various pronunciations if we choose the name so we might avoid it.

As for the other suggestions, we also already have Joshua and Jessica on the list. I really like William but, apart from the Bill and Ben issue, it would clash with our surname unfortunately. I honestly considered Jeremy for a few seconds until I thought of Ben and Jerry's :)

M sister's name. We say it Ah-lish-ah.
But common pronunciation is also Ah-lee-sha.
(Southern US)

How do you get Bill or Ben clashing with William? lol
In Canada we would pronounce Alicia is A-leesh-a ....I have a friend pronounced and spelt that way and it gave her problems all through school with different variations of it.

How do you get Bill or Ben clashing with William? lol
In Canada we would pronounce Alicia is A-leesh-a ....I have a friend pronounced and spelt that way and it gave her problems all through school with different variations of it.

bill is short for William... Bill and Ben are old cartoons (Bill and Ben the flower pot men)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->