All aboard the SMEP train!

I'm getting really antsy too - I wish I was going to ovulate this weekend (although maybe I will O early, who knows)!!

I'm in on this! CD1 for me :cry:, so it seems I'm a bit behind the rest of you. Was really hoping last month was our month, but now we're back to the start.

Jumpingo, I'm in the same boat as you, it sounds. Brother's wedding next September, so this really needs to just happen already or we will be taking a break. Considering giving it 2 more cycles, but don't know yet. I'm really close with my siblings, but the only one who lives in another state, so it's already a struggle to not see them very often. So I have to make it to that wedding!

We started out last cycle with good intentions of following SMEP. Then, got carried away and maybe BDed way more than instructed! :haha: Need to let DH's swimmers rejuvenate this month! I also plan to look through the book Making Babies in more detail and really focus on what it says I need nutrition-wise for my body/system type.

Lots of baby dust to everyone this cycle!!

yeah, my husband was like, "oh, you just tell me when! oh what, it's time for sexin'? go time? yeah, bring it on!" i just laughed so hard. one of his good girl friends and i went hiking the other day and we were talking about TTC and she said that he "has been trying to put a baby in you since he met you!":rofl: (which is not technically true because we used condoms before we got married, but the sentiment is probably 120% correct:blush:)

how does everyone else's husbands react?
do you tell them about temping/OPKs/ovulation timing?
or are they in the dark about most of it?

Haha dh's can be ace at times :happydance: my poor hd has been wanting the same, cracked me up that you dh's friend came out with it though ;) and I'm totally with you on worrying about burnout :rofl: we have bd'ed cd3,6,7,9,10 (pretty sure I've missed at least 1 out) on cd11 today, haven't o'ed yet :nope: so need to keep the momentum up

Baby dust to all x

Edit: I meant cd13,16,17,19 and 20 am on cd21 today
Also bd'ed cd 6 and 10 but they are way too early for o

I'm in on this! CD1 for me :cry:, so it seems I'm a bit behind the rest of you. Was really hoping last month was our month, but now we're back to the start.

Jumpingo, I'm in the same boat as you, it sounds. Brother's wedding next September, so this really needs to just happen already or we will be taking a break. Considering giving it 2 more cycles, but don't know yet. I'm really close with my siblings, but the only one who lives in another state, so it's already a struggle to not see them very often. So I have to make it to that wedding!

We started out last cycle with good intentions of following SMEP. Then, got carried away and maybe BDed way more than instructed! :haha: Need to let DH's swimmers rejuvenate this month! I also plan to look through the book Making Babies in more detail and really focus on what it says I need nutrition-wise for my body/system type.

Lots of baby dust to everyone this cycle!!

sorry to hear this past month wasn't it, but WELCOME!:wave:
yeah, i realized it would probably be okay to try in October as well, but that doesn't leave much time after the baby comes to try to fit into a bridesmaid dress!:dohh::nope: speaking of which, my future sister in law emailed all us bridesmaids yesterday with THE dress. it's pretty and with a little internet digging, i found that there's actually a maternity version of the dress, so maybe i'm destined to not get pregnant until march or april and wear THAT to the wedding with a bump!:haha: i'm totally setting myself up to be "okay" when it doesn't work out this month:shy:

Haha dh's can be ace at times :happydance: my poor hd has been wanting the same, cracked me up that you dh's friend came out with it though ;) and I'm totally with you on worrying about burnout :rofl: we have bd'ed cd3,6,7,9,10 (pretty sure I've missed at least 1 out) on cd11 today, haven't o'ed yet :nope: so need to keep the momentum up

Baby dust to all x

Edit: I meant cd13,16,17,19 and 20 am on cd21 today
Also bd'ed cd 6 and 10 but they are way too early for o

oooh, any sign of O? when do you usually? get in there and get another night/morning/day in before O, just in case!!:blush::haha:

Jumpingo, true statement on the time to fit into a bridesmaid dress! :haha: My brother and Sis-in-law (to be lol) just set their date and haven't gotten much further than that. So haven't been asked to be part of the wedding party yet, and honestly not sure I will be as she has 2 sisters of her own and I have one other sister, too. So that'd already be 4 not even counting friends I'm sure she will want in the party. Being they're having a somewhat small destination wedding, I'm just guessing I'll be sitting the wedding party out. Which is fine by me, I'm just thrilled they're getting married and just hope they let me help in some crafty way :haha:!! Great to hear you've seen the dress comes in maternity though. Maybe it is a sign if it doesn't happen for you this month! Good luck to you!
:dust:

Jumpingo, true statement on the time to fit into a bridesmaid dress! :haha: My brother and Sis-in-law (to be lol) just set their date and haven't gotten much further than that. So haven't been asked to be part of the wedding party yet, and honestly not sure I will be as she has 2 sisters of her own and I have one other sister, too. So that'd already be 4 not even counting friends I'm sure she will want in the party. Being they're having a somewhat small destination wedding, I'm just guessing I'll be sitting the wedding party out. Which is fine by me, I'm just thrilled they're getting married and just hope they let me help in some crafty way :haha:!! Great to hear you've seen the dress comes in maternity though. Maybe it is a sign if it doesn't happen for you this month! Good luck to you!
:dust:

thanks, you too!!

my husband and i did a really untraditional bridal party, so you never know!

i have 2 brothers and he has 2 older half sisters, 1 older sister and 1 younger brother. we knew the older 2 likely couldn't make it and he's in the military, so his friends are all over the world now, having been sent to other bases. i've lived in japan for 8 years, so most of my friends are here, or have since moved back to their respective countries. i had stateside friends from college i could have asked, but it was already feeling really unbalanced at our wedding because guest-wise on his side was his mom, brother and sister. that's it. so, we each had our siblings stand on our side. i didn't have bridesmaids, just my 2 brothers. and he had his brother as best man and then his sister on his side. it worked for us. our wedding was just a big party in my parents' backyard, pretty much. so we could do whatever we wanted (and did nothing we didn't want to do!:happydance:) and no one had to buy a dress they will pay $300 for and never wear again!:haha:

though, actually, i had the dress i wore in my OTHER brother's wedding shortened to knee length and wore it to a military award ceremony for my husband, so it IS possible to make those bridesmaid dresses useful!:blush:

but if it's a destination wedding, i'm guessing the bridal party will be smaller than most? where is the wedding?! somewhere fun??

Thanks!

I really love what you did for your wedding party! Very neat and such a wonderful idea!

They are getting married in Vegas, but off the strip, looks like a really pretty lake setting. I tried to talk them into Hawaii (which is where we married--maybe I set the trend for destination weddings with my siblings to follow suit ha!), but mostly was just teasing them lol! Yeah, she has 2 sisters and a brother. I'm one of 2 girls and then one more brother in addition to the one getting married. If I recall, their guest list limit with their package is 25, so they intend it to be a fairly small gathering. I know for our wedding we each had 3 people stand up with us and our total guest turn out was 22. My sister and 2 best friends for me and then DH's only brother (only sibling) and my 2 brothers for him. We thought about having our wedding at my in-laws farmstead, but we probably would have ended up with a guest list of 200-300 that way and it just wasn't what we really wanted. But huge extended families, plus small town living, you can make some enemies if you don't invite them all! :dohh:

Thanks!

I really love what you did for your wedding party! Very neat and such a wonderful idea!

They are getting married in Vegas, but off the strip, looks like a really pretty lake setting. I tried to talk them into Hawaii (which is where we married--maybe I set the trend for destination weddings with my siblings to follow suit ha!), but mostly was just teasing them lol! Yeah, she has 2 sisters and a brother. I'm one of 2 girls and then one more brother in addition to the one getting married. If I recall, their guest list limit with their package is 25, so they intend it to be a fairly small gathering. I know for our wedding we each had 3 people stand up with us and our total guest turn out was 22. My sister and 2 best friends for me and then DH's only brother (only sibling) and my 2 brothers for him. We thought about having our wedding at my in-laws farmstead, but we probably would have ended up with a guest list of 200-300 that way and it just wasn't what we really wanted. But huge extended families, plus small town living, you can make some enemies if you don't invite them all! :dohh:

vegas, off the strip, sounds nice! and not a bad place to "have" to spend a weekend either:winkwink::thumbup:

it's weird being the sister of the groom and being in weddings, i think. for my older brother's wedding, i ONLY knew the bride, and living in japan meant i couldn't make it to bachlorette/shower events to meet anyone, so it was just really awkward meeting the other bridesmaids the day before. AND my sister-in-law's friends were SO into themselves (um, hello, BRIDESmaid, not MEmaid!:roll:) and didn't really seem to help the bride much, so i ended up being a little resentful at the others and picking up their slack.

so, this wedding is probably going to be similar. my older brother's wife is a bridesmaid too, so at least i know her, but otherwise i only know the bride. the 2 sisters-in-law get along really well, and i end up feeling left out most of the time, so i guess it could go either way. sigh...guess i can just hope my sister-in-law and i can stick together since the bride will likely be busy with everything else.

sorry, that was a totally unrelated rant:dohh: thanks for listening!:hugs:

OPKs arrived today\\:D/\\:D/

but the chart on the instructions says that if you have a 28 day cycle to start testing on CD12, so will wait til monday:coffee:

how is everyone else going??

Congratulations Jumpingo on arrival of OPK's - I am hanging in there, trying to eat healthy,exercise daily (while typing - I actually need to go for a short run now :D) - though in the back of my mind I keep thinking about baby which is kind of stressing my husband out(don't know what to do to not show that I am thinking about it). Over the week I heard one of my other friend's wife is pregnant, it is killing me and I am getting afraid to call any of my friends. I started testing on CD8 and trying to follow SMEP this month, on CD11 today.

Congratulations Jumpingo on arrival of OPK's - I am hanging in there, trying to eat healthy,exercise daily (while typing - I actually need to go for a short run now :D) - though in the back of my mind I keep thinking about baby which is kind of stressing my husband out(don't know what to do to not show that I am thinking about it). Over the week I heard one of my other friend's wife is pregnant, it is killing me and I am getting afraid to call any of my friends. I started testing on CD8 and trying to follow SMEP this month, on CD11 today.

thanks! am probably gonna start using them this afternoon, just to be on the safe side. i'm trying to eat healthy too! no soda, no candy, snacking on veggies, etc. but it's making my stomach hurt and having to go to the bathroom a couple times a day.:nope: not sure what's the deal. i'm trying to drink more water, get a good amount of protein and watching overall calorie intake (would like to lose about 15 pounds if i don't get pregnant this month) but not sure what would be making my stomach act up so much. i am usually a HUGE candy eater, so could it be sugar withdrawal??:shrug:

a friend from college just announced on facebook that she is pregnant with #4:comp: granted they've been married for 7 years, but still, 4 kids in 7 years? man...

my husband thinks i'm crazy too - i just come on here and get it out so that he doesn't have to hear me jabber on and on:haha:

thanks! am probably gonna start using them this afternoon, just to be on the safe side. i'm trying to eat healthy too! no soda, no candy, snacking on veggies, etc. but it's making my stomach hurt and having to go to the bathroom a couple times a day.:nope: not sure what's the deal. i'm trying to drink more water, get a good amount of protein and watching overall calorie intake (would like to lose about 15 pounds if i don't get pregnant this month) but not sure what would be making my stomach act up so much. i am usually a HUGE candy eater, so could it be sugar withdrawal??:shrug:

a friend from college just announced on facebook that she is pregnant with #4:comp: granted they've been married for 7 years, but still, 4 kids in 7 years? man...

my husband thinks i'm crazy too - i just come on here and get it out so that he doesn't have to hear me jabber on and on:haha:

yeah, its possible because of lots of veggie's(fiber) that you need to go to bathroom more often. I am just trying to work out daily and eat healthy but not watching the proportion, I have put on 10 pounds in past 8 months of TTC.

Oh my god 4th one, really? - I have been married since ~6 years and did not think of having a baby till past 8 months. I sometimes joke with my husband that we are not going to use any contraceptive after first kid too till we end up making 3 babies! :D

Hey Jumpingo! Can I join, my SMEP train has left the station....Choo Choo!!x

yeah, its possible because of lots of veggie's(fiber) that you need to go to bathroom more often. I am just trying to work out daily and eat healthy but not watching the proportion, I have put on 10 pounds in past 8 months of TTC.

Oh my god 4th one, really? - I have been married since ~6 years and did not think of having a baby till past 8 months. I sometimes joke with my husband that we are not going to use any contraceptive after first kid too till we end up making 3 babies! :D

am thinking it's either the yogurt in the morning or the apple i eat as a snack being just that little bit more fiber or whatever to be too much for my system. no yogurt this morning, so we'll see:wacko: my husband and i got legally married last august, finally were able to move in together at the end of november, and i have put on about 15 pounds since then:dohh: so i just want to get rid of that. he's probably put on 20, but doesn't seem to be motivated to lose it, so hoping to jump start the whole thing:thumbup:

Hey Jumpingo! Can I join, my SMEP train has left the station....Choo Choo!!x

welcome aboard!:wave:

i took my first OPK yesterday and it was negative, as expected, but a good first one to compare to. my husband is being his usual post-AF frisky self (HA!) so hopefully will be able to slow him down so he doesn't wear out before O! hahaha!!

well...!!

i am an OPK newbie, so i could be wrong,
but i'm pretty sure this is a positive...??:coolio:

my husband better come home ready!:rofl:

Attachments

• img_5584edit.jpg
    img_5584edit.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 4
well...!!

i am an OPK newbie, so i could be wrong,
but i'm pretty sure this is a positive...??:coolio:

my husband better come home ready!:rofl:

Yes,I think it is a positive. I also got a positive on CD12 evening on clearblue but my wandfo was showing light line. On CD13(today) morning both of them kind of showed positive, but my temp seem to be out of whack this time and also it might be because I have been measuring them ~6am some days and ~8am some days.

i read you should use OPKs in the afternoon, not first thing in the morning. maybe that's affecting the results?:shrug:

I tried it today afternoon, much darker definitely a positive, also clearblue showed positive, so time for some bd :)

Hello all! I'm wondering if you SMEP ladies can help me come up with an adjusted SMEP for my irregular, long cycles. September was a little screwy because I had an HSG on CD16 and I've been spotting ever since which makes neither of us want to BD. Luckily, I haven't had a positive OPK yet either! Today is CD 20 for me. I normally O anywhere between CD 17 and CD 25 and it can be really easily pushed back. I'm quite sure it will be closer to CD25 this month!

Anyways, what do you all think I should adjust my SMEP to? I'm thinking of starting OPKs on Day 15 normally. Does that make sense?

Thanks for any help and I hope this train is full of BFPs by the end of this cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->