All aboard the SMEP train!

You called it jumpingo! FF put my O day on cd 12. Dotted crosshairs because I never got a positive opk.

So we really weren't able to follow smep this cycle after all. :(

hey :) mind if i drop in? Gonna try doing smep this cycle. My DH has low count so hoping this might give us a little extra! Here's to hoping it only takes 1 lol

You called it jumpingo! FF put my O day on cd 12. Dotted crosshairs because I never got a positive opk.

So we really weren't able to follow smep this cycle after all. :(
the cycle i got pregnant, we didn't follow smep at ALL, either. i'm still a huge "smep is the way to go!" person, but your timing is still pretty good so you definitely have a chance!:thumbup:

hey :) mind if i drop in? Gonna try doing smep this cycle. My DH has low count so hoping this might give us a little extra! Here's to hoping it only takes 1 lol
welcome!:wave: never hurts to have extra guys:spermy: on deck.:winkwink:

I guess i'm just worried with his low count we will over do it lol. idk cant hurt to try!

I guess i'm just worried with his low count we will over do it lol. idk cant hurt to try!

i did some very brief googling (some articles and some message boards like these) and it would seem that even with a low sperm count, most people seem to think that having fairly regular sex during the month, with a few extra times thrown in during your fertile window, is a good plan.:thumbup: maybe do a less "intense" version of smep...something like every 3rd day until a positive OPK and then every other day? can you maybe ask the doctor about what s/he'd recommend, considering the results you guys got?:shrug:

i posted this inquiry in another smep thread, i suppose it wouldn't hurt to post it here as well:

i'm curious, have any of you tried the FAM detector in FF, instead of Advanced? i'm currently on Advanced, and it puts my ovulation at cd12. when i changed to FAM, it put my O at cd15! if that's the case, then we completely missed my O.

i tended to believe the Advanced setting because of EWCM. but i only used opks on cds 9-13 as well, all negative. so if i indeed ovulated on cd15, i'm guessing the positive opk would've been on cd14.

I'm certainly no expert on FF, but I do play around with my settings each month to see the difference. FAM put my o date 3 days later than what I thought and what advanced indicated. I did a little googling on it and what I took away is that if you use FAM, your temping game had to be perfect. No time variance, no snoring or mouth breathing, etc. Since FAM is purely 3 over 6, it doesn't take any variances into consideration.

^thanks dandi, i've read that too. i'll stick with advanced for now. hoping we got it right.

Also, I did use an opk on the day that FAM says I ovulated and it was a big negative indicating that my surge had passed. That helped me feel better sticking to advanced.

I'm going to have to try that with mine this cycle and see what the difference is. Idk what happened today I had a ton of ewcm (sry tmi) like almost worried me but it only lasted an hour. Now nothing. I did get a high on my monitor today so I think I'm going to stick to an every other day. Thank you jumpingo for looking that up :) fingers crossed this month. ✨😄

i posted this inquiry in another smep thread, i suppose it wouldn't hurt to post it here as well:

i'm curious, have any of you tried the FAM detector in FF, instead of Advanced? i'm currently on Advanced, and it puts my ovulation at cd12. when i changed to FAM, it put my O at cd15! if that's the case, then we completely missed my O.

i tended to believe the Advanced setting because of EWCM. but i only used opks on cds 9-13 as well, all negative. so if i indeed ovulated on cd15, i'm guessing the positive opk would've been on cd14.
even if you ovulated on cd15, you had sex all 3 days before that, so you'd still have a decent chance!:thumbup:
and i'm the same as everyone has said, i definitely used to play around each month and see what each setting would say, but almost always defaulted back to advanced.

Also, I did use an opk on the day that FAM says I ovulated and it was a big negative indicating that my surge had passed. That helped me feel better sticking to advanced.
i've had cycles where i would get 2 positive OPKs, then a negative and then finally another day later i'd get a temp spike, so it's entirely possible (i think) to get a positive OPK a few days before a temp spike. a positive OPK doesn't guarantee you will ovulate that day or even the next day. if you are doing OPKs and temping, my feeling is you should have sex until you get a temp spike, and then for a day or two after too, just in case your temp goes back down and it was a false alarm.:wacko:

I'm going to have to try that with mine this cycle and see what the difference is. Idk what happened today I had a ton of ewcm (sry tmi) like almost worried me but it only lasted an hour. Now nothing. I did get a high on my monitor today so I think I'm going to stick to an every other day. Thank you jumpingo for looking that up :) fingers crossed this month. ✨��
i would say if you have ANY ewcm, even just once in a day, that you are likely still fertile.
go find your husband asap!!:haha::winkwink:

lol i was shocked he came home early from work today so i got bd before I left for work haha ya so sticking to every other day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->