All I want is an appt

LoraLoo

Pregnant with a Rainbow
Reaction score
Is that too much to ask?
My Drs have told me the earliest I can see the mw is August when I will be 14 weeks. I told them that it's too late as I need booking in for scan etc before then so she to me to try to get an appt at the clinic.
RAng clinic and they had no appts but receptionist said she would contact the mw to see what she suggests. This was Monday.
This morning she rang and said the mw will see me on Friday morning, to ring my Drs and tell them the mw has said to squeeze me on to the end of her Fri appts. Drs receptionist refused and said the mw needs to phone them directly to tell them to do that. So I asked for the midwifes number. She said they don't have it.
Rang clinic back and explained and she said she will get back in contact and get her to call Drs. Heard nothing since. Rang Drs not to see if mw has been in touch- closed!
Frustrating doesn't come close 😠

No one has that kind of patience! Way too much to ask of you! What if you call and remind them of your losses (I'm so sorry to see that in your signature line) and throw around the words "high risk?" Sometimes that reminds them - whatever it takes to move you to the top of the list! Good luck xo

That is just rubbish. I am frustrated for you. I hope it all gets sorted soon. Are they open again after lunch?

Yeah, I'm probably not pushy enough really, I hate confrontation.
I had the exact same problem in my pregnancy with Alfie (thT we lost) I was cramping Nd not feeling quite right. Hospital wouldn't see me and I rang the Drs 10 times but couldn't get seen.
Afterwards I was assured that should never have happened and that the receptionists should have added me on, and that it wouldn't happen again.
Yet here I am, 3 years later, exact same thing?
I know it's done differently on different areas but here we have an initial appt with mw, then a home visit where she goes through notes etc and books scan and consultant.
So at this rate I'm going to be 16 weeks or more before first scan?
Sorry for the ramble, just feels like I'm banging my head against a brick wall, maternity services really shouldn't be this difficult to access! Xx

I'm not sure why they're closed as website says open Til 6.30pm. I will keep trying but I have a feeling mw won't have been in touch

I'd phone back and go mad and if that doesn't help I would just go Friday and sit there and wait and refuse to go till I had been seen

I like pp thoughts! I go right into the office since they can't do it over the phone!!

No the drs surgery has been closed all afternoon.
My friend is a receptionist at the drs I saw her today picking kids up from school. She's going to see what she can do, she's also took my number to passi on to the midwife to contact me.
I will ring again in the morning.
I've also just been talking to an expectant mum who is 6 weeks and has an appointment at same drs, same mw, for 15th July? They told me there were no July appointments. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->