All Ladies Due Jan 18 and 19th coming over to the Third Tri

I think i have ppd, not just bay blues..ella will be a month on friday and there are times i have to walk away, cry, and get back to her, im just so tired, plus im working on top of it...if it doesnt get better i plan on going to the doctor.....hoping its just the blues though.

Big hugs girls, maybe if we all talk about it then we can help each other?

Dylan is having gassy problems, which they mainly think is due to the medication I'm on. But we can take up to 2 hours to burp him and I'm useless at burping!!

There are times when we cry together and then daddy steps in :(

He's lost more weight :(

Now need to feed him from one boob, then pump the other boob and give him 30ml or 60ml depending on what he'll take.

I'm so worried about him :(

Now need to feed him from one boob, then pump the other boob and give him 30ml or 60ml depending on what he'll take.

At least theyre keeping an eye on his weight, which is the best thing. We had to give up breast feeding and switch to formula as I wasnt producing enough and he lost too much weight. Keep trying, keep keeping an eye and take all the help you can get. You'll find what works for you both and what works for you both is the only thing that matters. x

ok im home!!!

Katy-Rose Born 27/01/2013 9:52am weighing 7lb 5oz...She is sooooo gorgeous ladies I'm so in love I was in labour for a total of 8 hours and pushed for 35 mins without any drugs what so ever and I managed to have the water birth I wanted too!!

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/jellybeans2013/DSC_0111_zpsec46b735.jpg

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/jellybeans2013/20130128_082035_zps2f4b9233.jpg

and here's my belly this morning nearly completely gone!!

https://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t413/jellybeans2013/20130128_084713_zps0a86b987.jpg

<3 <3

hope everyone elses bundles are doing great Katy has taken to the breast like a champ!!

Congrats jelly katy is gorgeous I'm glad she's a breast feeding well xx

Congrats!!! She's beautiful!!!
So glad nursing is going good for you :)

Yay!!! So this becomes a parenting thread now, how exciting!

Jelly and Jess you very lucky to have found feeding so easy. Jess how are you pumping? We're having to top him up with pumped milk at the mo so I think I need to upgrade my hand pump :)

Snow I know how you feel :hugs:

I actually made it to day 3 and she wasn't latching properly or sucking right and my nipples were so raw, I knew she wasn't getting enough.
I sat down for a feed and I was crying harder than she was bc I didn't want to put her on, they hurt so much !! :(

I started pumping and bottle feeding that night. I felt like I had completely failed breast feeding (which I was SO excited & determined to do) ...
But after she drank her first bottle, of 1/2oz she was somuch more satisfied than she ever got from my breast. I felt a huge relief that I had done the right thing.

Hailey was weighed yesterday morning and she lost 11.5% of her body weight (10% is when they start to worry). So now I am pumping and giving 2oz every 3hrs like clock work. And I have a very happy, milk drunk baby!!
Not to mention pumping has made these sandbags harden & fill up!!!

I will be meeting with a lactation consultant and we can hopefully get her back on the breast once I've had the to heal (physically) and get sane again.

What a relief to know I'm not alone! Not that I'm happy you ladies are experiencing te same things.. It's just nice to know I'm not a bad mommy or crazy :wacko:

What pump have you got ladybug? I've got the advent manual but can only get 1.5oz from a boob at the mo :(

What pump have you got ladybug? I've got the advent manual but can only get 1.5oz from a boob at the mo :(

I have the single electric medela swing pump.
It works well. My milk is in and I'm still only getting 1-2oz per boob

Nikki- with my next babe I'm almost sure I will pump my colostrum for first few days and then formula feed. This bf'ing will be way to demanding & time consuming already. Cant imagine doing it with a toddler as well. How do some of these ladies do it?:shrug:

Nikki, nothing wrong with that :)

The main reason we're not is cost, we live off a very tight budget and just can't afford it!

we're bf'ing because it's cheaper than formula although my boobs are quite sore she seems to be getting enough and pooing and weeing...i can't believe she's 3 days old already!

He's refusing the boob again! Now loves the bottle!

Agrhhhhh!!!

Rented a double electric pump tho and just got 2oz from each boob :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->