All mama's of curly haired LO's....

Gym knickers

Lucky mum to 2 munchkins!
Reaction score
When did your LO's hair turn curly?? Both DH and I have very curly hair, I have ringlety, frizz that is naturally really curly and difficult to straighten and DH has thick hair that curls as soon as it gets long. DD has beautiful thick hair but it's poker straight. I kind of thought it was a given she'd have wavy if not really curly hair like us?? It's about an inch long right now. Is it just not long enough or has she escaped the curse of our huge bouffants?? Thanks in advance!!

Edited to say, I'd love her to have curly hair as it's soooo cute but I also know the amount of time she'll spend straightening when she's older! Haha!

As soon as my girls hair started to get longer it started to get curly. Probably around her first birthday x

Ps, this is my hair...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 3
Just looked at pics and the curls were really there when she was 1.5 years old

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 6
Zoë's came out curly:haha: but it is getting more so every day

my nieces was straight until int got longer then it started to get curly. Just now at 3 her curls are really starting to show. My dd1 has wavy hair that she got around 1. My ds has curly hair when it is grown out. So about one i saw the curls. DD2 right now has super straight hair that spikes lol. Who knows what her hair will turn out to be lol. I have curly hair and my dh has straight.

Around 8 months. He has a lot of hair...he was born with curls and then lost a lot of his hair and it grew in straight for the first couple inches, then curled. We just had it cut last week. It looked similar to Pebbie's daughter's hair in that photo (she is adorable btw).

If you and your husband both have properly curly hair, your daughter should too :) https://genetics.thetech.org/ask/ask45 If hers is just an inch long then I think it should start to curl in a month or two.

Mine is wavy. I think DH's must be wavy too but he keeps it too short to tell. LO has proper tight ringlets. I love them :cloud9: soooo cute.

DS's hair didn't curl until around 18 months.

about a year, by 3 it was really curly

By 5 months, my lil Connor's straight haired turned curly - almost overnight! My husband's black and has tight curls, I'm mixed and have straight-slightly-wavy hair, and my little man has beautiful, loose curls. We're definitely struggling with his lovely locks. We use a wide-tooth comb to gently untangle his hair after baths, but still, his hair so easily tangles! What do you all do? Is there a special product or two that discourages tangles?

My sons was completely straight at birth, lost his hair and it came back curly. He was around 13 months when it got longer and curling. Here is his curly mess! We currently buzz cut his hair with a big guard to keep it tamed :)

Attachments

• curlyhairbaby.jpg
    curlyhairbaby.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
Paige was very almost bald for ages. Here is her at 10 months (the redt if her head has no hair really)

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/DSCF4855_zpsb4b65ef8.jpg

We knew it was going to be curly, it is taking its time to grow and is usually a frizzy mess... but if I spray with detangling spray and comb it, she has very tight little ringlets that are to die for. I dont do it often because as soon as she lies down/hood or hat on/ leans against skmething etc, it goes all frizzy again!

Here is her frizz ball head!
https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/august%202013/20130819_143714_zps17673151.jpg

It was around 6 months that I started to notice the front getting a little wavy. Now at 10 months, he has definitely got very curly hair. It's almost identical to Jenniferttc1. I love his hair and he has so much of it (and he's blonde) but it's difficult to tame! I usually wet his brush in the morning and comb over it to try and take the frizziness away but it usually all goes to pot somewhere in the day. First thing in the morning it is a disaster. Takes bed head to a whole new level lol.

My little man started curling at about six months, had fine full ringlets now, they'll be the bane of his life when older lol!

It was around 6 months that I started to notice the front getting a little wavy. Now at 10 months, he has definitely got very curly hair. It's almost identical to Jenniferttc1. I love his hair and he has so much of it (and he's blonde) but it's difficult to tame! I usually wet his brush in the morning and comb over it to try and take the frizziness away but it usually all goes to pot somewhere in the day. First thing in the morning it is a disaster. Takes bed head to a whole new level lol.

Oh the dreaded bed head, or car seat head! My son loved to throw his head side to side in his car seat....we eventually had to cut his hair and do it every 3-4 weeks cause of the heat and humidity right now made his hair frizz badly, and tangle and he would have sweat coming down his face. But suave (spelling?) has a cheap detangler for kids I spray in his hair and comb and it leaves it perfect and neat:thumbup:.....until he goes and rubs his head on something else...:dohh:

Awwww I'm loving all the cute curly heads ladies!! Some of you have said younger than my LO some older so i guess I'm going to have to wait and see!! This girl loves to keep us guessing!! We both have curly hair and brown/hazel eyes and she has straight hair and blue/green eyes!!! If it wasn't for he fact she's the image of DH I think he'd be asking questions!!!!

Paige was very almost bald for ages. Here is her at 10 months (the redt if her head has no hair really)

https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/DSCF4855_zpsb4b65ef8.jpg

We knew it was going to be curly, it is taking its time to grow and is usually a frizzy mess... but if I spray with detangling spray and comb it, she has very tight little ringlets that are to die for. I dont do it often because as soon as she lies down/hood or hat on/ leans against skmething etc, it goes all frizzy again!

Here is her frizz ball head!
https://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/paigesmummyxx/august%202013/20130819_143714_zps17673151.jpg

Soooo cute!!!! What a sweetie!

My dd has super curly hair! I knew she would be since birth because when wet her hair would curl up completely even as a newborn then it would go straight. My 5 weeker is the same. It started to really curl by the time my dd was 10 months. By 1 she had a fro ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->