Allergies & TTC

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Unfortunately my allergies aren't just seasonal, I'm allergic to one of my cats!! :rofl: I went to the a walk-in clinic and the Dr. there told me I could use Flonase until I get a BFP, but when I talked to the pharmacist he said that he wouldn't recommend using anything while TTC so now I'm back at square one. Anyone else have this problem? Do you have any tips (other than getting rid of my cats)?

Shave them? :lol:

No idea really, Its difficult when you get two different opinions.
Maybe get a 3rd and see what they say?

If you're allergic to the cat you should really get it rehomed. I have cats myself and I love them to bits, but if they were making me ill, as much as it would break my heart to do so, I'd have to rehome it

I have been avoiding any allergy medicines cuz I read they can dry up your CM.

The pharmacist mentioned me getting rid of my cats to, but I just can't see myself doing it, they are my babies. I've had cats my entire life and never had any problems until we got Gypsy, about 10 months ago, been blowing my nose ever since. Regardless of that I love her and just can't bear the thought of rehoming her. And Akcher I hadn't heard that about it drying up your CM , but once we started TTC I stopped taking pretty much all meds. The pharmacist said that allergy meds have a lot of steroids in them and it takes a while for those steroids to leave your system.

:rofl: Arcanegirl My DH mentioned that too, of course I think he just wants to torture my cats....:rofl:

I haven't looked into any of that, maybe I'll call up my family Dr. and see what she has to say, shoulda asked when I was there Wednesday but forgot :dohh:

you can't take most antihistamines while you're pregnant but there's one that you can, I'm sure

I'm guessing that the cat you're allergic to has a different fur type to the others....or is a different colour, - I've seen people allergic to black cats but not white and silly things like that

you can't take most antihistamines while you're pregnant but there's one that you can, I'm sure

I'm guessing that the cat you're allergic to has a different fur type to the others....or is a different colour, - I've seen people allergic to black cats but not white and silly things like that

This cat is different from any other cat I've owned. All of my other cats have been black cats, but this is a stubborn little Calico :rofl:

I agree with you on the antihistamines, it's probably better if I just don't take anything. I called my vet and they said bathing the cats (DH's job lucky fellow :rofl:) on a monthly basis and using pet wipes on a weekly basis should cut down significantly on the allergens. Going to give that a try. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. :hugs:

ooo i'm evil when it comes to bathing 2 of me 3 cats, only one of them really likes it...so the other 2 get shoved in the cat carrier box and the shower sprayed in....no scratches though! - and they can't drown...it's not deep enough at the bottom, only a couple of cms deep! lol

I never thought about using the carrier, of course ours are the cloth kind so I'm not sure how they'd hold up in the water. One of my cats absolutely hates the baths and my DH has ended up scratched a few times, the other one likes to wade around in the water, but the minute you try to put shampoo on her forget it. Most people think I'm crazy when they find out we bathe our cats :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->