Allison keeps choking

sammie18

Mommy to Allison
Reaction score
Allison has recently been choking every time she eats, I dont know if its cause shes eatting to fast or what. Shes also been throwing up more, the other day she threw up loads of milk it was spraying like a hose! :( Shes been wanting to eat more but im afraid if i give her more milk she will just throw it up, Shes sucking her 4oz bottle dry. Shes constanly has her hangs in her mouth to sucking on them. At her 2 month appt the doc said she has thrush so shes taking meds for that, and acually all this started happening since shes been on the meds she has to take cause this didnt happen befor. What should I do? Should I call her doctor?

If you are unsure, I'd call the doctor.

Claire was a choker as well. Ugh, when she was 4 days old she choked while I was BF'ing her and we had to call the paramedics. Scary, scary stuff. What type of nipple are you using? Are you using a newborn one? Claire is almost 4 months old but she's still on the stage 2 nipple so it controls the flow a bit better.

If she's sucking her bottle dry you can always try adding an extra ounce. I used to be really careful and learned the noises when Claire was trying to take too much, too fast and I'd take the bottle away from her. Of course, she'd get upset but I'd rather a slightly upset baby than a chocking one!

It's so scary, isn't it? :hugs:

Im not sure what stage it is my mil got them for me, Im guessing there the newborn ones, There the slow flow. And it is very very scary! Scares the hell out of me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->