Allotments and growing veg

Oh I had forgotten about spinach! Caulies tend to grow quite large, so might not be great for pots.... Those Greenhouse thingys are great... I used to grow tomatos in them until I got the allottment!

I have an allotment and i absolutely love it.....it was in a dreadful state when I took in on in October last year (natch) but now I have fruit bushes planted and 4 x 13' raised beds.
The plan is to put in 3 more raised beds in the next few weeks, then membrane the rest til I'm ready to work it.

I'm not sure about the idea of grassing a bit over - you may well find that the site has rules against that sort of thing! Mine is quite relaxed, but others have rules about how much you need to have got under cultivation in the first year, and how long before it must all be cultivated ..... I'd definitely check this out before putting grass down.

You could try a land share rather than an allotment. Basically someone hands over part/all of their garden to someone who wants to grow fruit and veg and in return you provide them with some of the produce. Here's the link if you want to have a look landshare

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->