Almost 30 weeks and 1-2cm dilated

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
So after constant braxton hicks they examined me at antenatal this morning. I'm 1-2cm dilated and baby is fully engaged.

Anyone else had this so early on?

I wouldn't be surprised if I'm in the same boat, as I've had a lot of braxton hicks recently as well. Are they worried about it?

They do day that if you have had babies before you are naturally dilated slightly, have they mentioned anything else about it? Are they gonna watch you in case of early labour? X

My bh started at 32w with #3 i went 41+2.

After first baby you can naturally be 1-2cm :)

On engaged bit nope.

No she didn't seem worried as I've not had any pain accompanied with BH. I'm being induced at 37 weeks anyway and hoping for a VBAC so every little helps I guess. Don't want her to come before then though!

Consultant came to check on me too and just said to rest and avoid heavy lifting but that everything seems okay and fine. I need to go in if my BH become continuous again

I've heard before that with second pregnancies you can be a few CM's dilated naturally and can be walking around like that for weeks.

Did you labour at all before your Em CS last time? If so, that's probably why - as the cervix generally never fully closes again once it has dilated before and the majority of women who have had a baby/babies before are always at least 1cm dilated (it's called a 'Multips Os') :)

Consultant told me today that I didn't dilate past 2cm last time even though I laboured for 56 hours before my EMCS. So this is a good start hoping for VBAC. As long as she stays put until 37 weeks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->