almost 7yrs old - some 'growing up' questions!

ouchwithNo.2

Reaction score
ok... our son is almost 7 yrs old and I have some really stupid questions, really stupid... what did everyone else do?

1) When to let him decide what he wants to wear? I always choose and iron the night before :blush:
2) When to stop slicing the meat for him like a duck breast and let him attack with a knife himself :wacko:
3) When to start making him have a shower - he will not go near it and insists on a bath (which is a pain in the morning) or HOW can I get him to like a shower? (some of my friends have 2yr olds who shower :shrug:)

other than that I think we have it cracked :haha:

1) I let my 3 year old choose what to wear sometimes. It can be easier (and quicker!) to offer a choice between 2 outfits to start with.
2) Definitely let him have a go and see how he manages. Aaron can use a knife to cut soft things but he still needs help with other things. They won't learn unless they get a chance to practice though.
3) I finally got Aaron into the shower last week after months of trying! He was scared of the water going over his head, so I took the shower head down and let him hold it instead. Could you do that or slide the shower head down really low just until he gets used to it?

:)

ok... our son is almost 7 yrs old and I have some really stupid questions, really stupid... what did everyone else do?

1) When to let him decide what he wants to wear? I always choose and iron the night before :blush:
2) When to stop slicing the meat for him like a duck breast and let him attack with a knife himself :wacko:
3) When to start making him have a shower - he will not go near it and insists on a bath (which is a pain in the morning) or HOW can I get him to like a shower? (some of my friends have 2yr olds who shower :shrug:)

other than that I think we have it cracked :haha:

1, my son chooses his clothes every day. Mostly stuff I hate lol but his choice.

2. I still do this lol.

3. Mine will have showers but its not a huge issue hun if he wants a bath. Some people will always have baths.

My lad is 7 in August.

These are not stupid questions, this is the transition stage. Kids go through it twice, around 6/7 years old and 11/12 years old.

When to let him decide what he wants to wear? I always choose and iron the night before

I would start now. I am sure he will be ok to chose. Make a few items availabe that you feel you want him to wear and get him to chose from that, thats a start. I let my kids pick their clothes from 6 yrs.

2) When to stop slicing the meat for him like a duck breast and let him attack with a knife himself

I still wont let my 10 year old use a real knife. I get called mean for it. Kids think I treat them like babies. Only my 13 year old uses a real knife. I dont know a good age in my heart for that, but I think by about 10? I think 7 years old is still wobbly with motor skills.

3) When to start making him have a shower - he will not go near it and insists on a bath (which is a pain in the morning) or HOW can I get him to like a shower? (some of my friends have 2yr olds who shower )

I thought I was the only one who had kids around 7 years old who hated showers. I only started this past year to get my kids to shower. Was a bath befor hand. ONly my teen stopped baths at 10. Could you maybe plug the tub with shower water running and have him sit in the tub?? Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->