Almost 9 month old not crawling :(

Iren_iren

Reaction score
This is my second baby and i am generally more relaxed, but c'mon!
She will be 9 month in a week time and while all my friends babies at similar age or younger crawl or even stand and walk with support, my girl just like to lay on her back or sit for a short period of time.
All my attempts to put her on the tummy fail and she turns on her back after a minute.

Health visitor told me not to worry as crawling is not the mileston and they can skip it all together

Just need some positive stories as feeling down today after another message of crawling baby 😕

After my first crawled at 5 (almost 6) months, Sophie seemed so far behind as she didn't even roll till 8 months! My son did everything quicker. Once Sophie did get moving she was crawling, cruising and rolling pretty suddenly though.

I remember worrying about it endlessly and thinking there was something really wrong with her.

My eldest took forever to crawl properly. At 1year he would roll around the place or do a very labour intensive looking caterpillar style crawl. He walked at 16months and was running by 18months and never really looked back and is fine. It just takes some longer than others try not to panic!

My eldest never crawled, not until after she walked anyway

I wrote about this the other day! Though funny enough today she attempted a commando crawl. One thing is she's quite chunky so I imagine that makes it harder to crawl. She's really funny rolling round the place!

Darcy crawled for the first time today and she's 1 this month lol. All my babies have been slow developers to be honest, none walked before 1.5 either and I'm sure Darcy will follow suit.

I wrote about this the other day! Though funny enough today she attempted a commando crawl. One thing is she's quite chunky so I imagine that makes it harder to crawl. She's really funny rolling round the place!

Haha, lets see if mine will attempt something tomorrow :)
She does not bother even rolling around. Sophia likes to lay on her back and watch older brother jumping around. She is chuncky as well, even though that she is on the middle for the weight (in red book)

Haha, lets see if mine will attempt something tomorrow :)
She does not bother even rolling around. Sophia likes to lay on her back and watch older brother jumping around. She is chuncky as well, even though that she is on the middle for the weight (in red book)

It looked like a huge effort and it was only because hubby was teasing her with things she wanted! She also likes to sit and look around.

After my first crawled at 5 (almost 6) months, Sophie seemed so far behind as she didn't even roll till 8 months! My son did everything quicker. Once Sophie did get moving she was crawling, cruising and rolling pretty suddenly though.

I remember worrying about it endlessly and thinking there was something really wrong with her.

Thanks! Its good to hear similar stories as i am sure there are loads like this, it makes me worry bit less and might be i will start enjoying her stillness while i can :)

My eldest took forever to crawl properly. At 1year he would roll around the place or do a very labour intensive looking caterpillar style crawl. He walked at 16months and was running by 18months and never really looked back and is fine. It just takes some longer than others try not to panic!

1 year! Wow!
My son started crawling at 8 month, but walking only at 15, but when he did, he almost never fall since.
I'll try to keep calm and enjoy her lying where i left her :)

Gracie was 8.5 months when she crawled, she went from not really crawling to being able to get around the entire flat within 30 seconds, lol. Gracie likes to take things in and work them out fully before she attempts them.

My DS1 crawled properly at 10 months, he would army crawl before this. Started walking a week after he turned 1.
Enjoy it! Once they start moving they never stop 😂😂

All babies develop skills at different ages, I wouldn't worry about it. My niece could walk before she could roll over, she was over a year old before she ever rolled any direction. My sister was worried but she is a perfectly normal and healthy 8 year old now.

My DS never rolled or crawled. He sat early at just under 5 months unsupported and until 11 months (when he walked and bum shuffled for the first time on the same day) would just sit in the same place and play until he wanted to change places. Then he would whine til I moved him. DD now aged 3 months is rolling already and it's so different to my son

My lg started crawling at 9 months (she rolled everywhere before) but only commando crawled for months.

She took her first steps the week she turned one and that was her walking steadily in weeks.

My first crawled at 12 months.

My second crawled by 6 months but then didn't walk until around 15.5 months.

Mine didnt crawl until 10 months and didnt even roll until 7 months! It just takes some longer than others. I wouldnt worry

My daughter cruised way before she crawled. She only crawled because she copied other kids at daycare doing it when she was about 13 months, she just wasn't interested before. She walked about a month later so the crawling phase wasn't really much. She also never bothered with rolling. She rolled about once in each direction to show us she could (one way at 7months the other at 10months) but she just wasn't active, she was an observer.

I wouldn't worry - my son was a week off 10 months when he crawled...I thought surely my daughter would be sooner than that, but guess what? She was 11 months! I couldn't believe it. You can imagine my relief when she did finally crawl :haha: She then went on to walk at 14 months (a month earlier than her big brother did) and it took her about a month to get the hang of it, but now she tears around the house, occasionally falling on her butt :lol:

Your little one will get there in no time :) 8 months isn't late at all, but I definitely know how hard it is to compare...so try not to!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->